Oscar

Your POV

I sighed walking into the grocery store, I walked to the maternity isle I grabbed three pregnancy tests. I paid for them getting into my car. Tears set in my eyes at the possibility of me being pregnant, So many times I thought I was I never was. I wiped my tears driving back to my house. Cesar was at school and Oscar would be out in a couple runs for the day. 

I walked into our bathroom setting the pregnancy tests on the sink, I stared at them for a while debating weather or not I should take them. I unwrapped the digital one taking it out of its box. I did as the instructions asked and I set the test down putting the box on top preventing me from seeing the answer. I sat there a jittery mess waiting for the results.

I took a deep breath lifting the box up, I leaned over seeing 'Pregnant'  I sobbed escaped my lips and they couldn't seem to stop.

"I'm pregnant." I spoke looking at the test, I placed my hand on my stomach sobbing.

"Holy shit." I heard I snapped my head in the direction of the voice as I saw Cesar standing in the doorway of the bathroom. In all this commotion I never even heard him come inside the house. He smiled at me embracing me in a hug.

"You're Pregnant?! I'm going to be an Uncle?!" He asked and I nodded giggling at his reaction, He gave me a kiss on the cheek hugging me tightly.

"Oh my God this is such great news!" He said

•••

"How could you be so irresponsible?!" Oscar yelled, After dinner I decided to break the news to him. I sat there shocked, I'd never imagine him to react this way. I understand the risks of raising a child around this life, but I know we'd try the best we could.

"Me? You also have as much as responsibility in this as me!" I yelled back standing from my seat.

"How could I be so irresponsible?! I got on the pill for you! Because you didn't want to use condoms! I did it for you! Life happen Oscar I'm sorry! The prince of Freeridge doesn't always get what he wants!" I Said, There was no use in me yelling. I'd just escalate the situation when it didn't need to be.

"Oscar you should be happy... A baby we are a baby," I smiled caressing his face, He grabbed my hands roughly pushing them away.

"I don't want a baby." Was his response as he left slamming the door behind him. Tears escaped my eyes as I sobbed, Cesar came out embracing me as I sobbed.

"I need to go," I Said wiping my tears, Cedar looked at me like I was crazy.

"I have no business here Cesar. As much as I love Oscar he made his choice and I have to make mine.. It's not just me anymore," I said resting my hands on my stomach. Tears formed in his eyes as I embraced him in a hug.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered kissing his head, Cesar was like one of my own. Leaving him would be the hardest thing I'd ever have to do.

"I'm not going to stop you.. Just please keep in touch," He said and I nodded kissing his cheek. I went to mine and Oscar's room grabbing my suit case. I stuffed my clothes and belongings in the suitcase, I turned over to the dresser seeing a Picture of Oscar and I. It was when we were in high school, for homecoming. That was the first time I had ever seen him in a suit, He had slicked back hair and his arm was tightly wrapped around my waist. I kissed the picture setting it back on the night stand. I walked into Cesar's room checking on him seeing he was sound asleep. I walked over to him turning off his light.