Chapter 7: Face Smacking the Prime Minister's House

Although he thought this, Ling Xiao did not dare to say it. Trembling with fear as he knelt on the ground, his eyes swept slightly forward, and he discovered that he could only see the Emperor's hem. There weren't any eunuchs or imperial guards accompanying him.

Ling Xiao was puzzled. Why was it that this Emperor always ran around by himself in the Imperial Palace.

The first time could be considered a coincidence. The second could be said that it was because they were in the Imperial Garden, so the chance of meeting was too high. Then what about this time? He had obediently stayed in Chu Xiu Palace, and yet he still ran into him?

Could it be that he was here to look at the show girls of Chu Xiu Palace and do an inspection in advance?

"You may stand."

Just as he was thinking this, the Emperor spoke, and Ling Xiao did not dare to disobey.

Lifting the hem of his clothes, he stood up. However, he still didn't dare to stand straight, slightly hunching over to show plenty of respect to the Emperor.

As he did, he heard a 'clang' sound, staring blankly as he accidentally dropped the jade pendant in his hand, and it landed right in front of the Emperor's feet. Ling Xiao debated if he should go pick it up now or later.

However, before he had finished thinking, the Emperor had already bent his waist to pick it up. With the jade pendant in his hand, he examined it carefully before lifting his head to look at him.

"Raise your head."

Ling Xiao was startled, wondering what the Emperor's intentions were as he slowly lifted his head.

His eyes were directly opposite the Emperor's profound ones, and their gazes briefly interlocked.

As the Emperor approached him, Ling Xiao hurriedly forced his own gaze downwards.

"You look pretty charming, but not like an eunuch."

The Emperor's line of sight glanced at Ling Xiao's lower body and Ling Xiao's whole body went stiff. Moving the corner of his mouth as if the flesh and skin on his face were being tugged, Ling Xiao said, "Your servant entered the Palace not too long ago."

The Emperor's gaze dropped to the jade pendant in his hands, "Is that so."

Ling Xiao lowered his head in a salute.

"Come with Us." The Emperor was silent as he walked in front with his hands behind him, the jade pendant still in his hands.

Ling Xiao frowned, hunching his back as he followed behind him with small quick steps.

The Emperor turned slightly to glance at him, "Although you haven't been here long, you've learned etiquette quite well."

Ling Xiao broke into a cold sweat. The salute and quick steps had all been learned in his past lifetime throughout the years he was staying in the palace. Back then, when he first entered the palace, although he had been instructed verbally, who would actually know all of these many complicated etiquettes? The older generations of Elders and Eunuchs all knew that the new court eunuchs would inevitably be impudent. As a result, they would not arrange for the new ones to appear in front of His Majesty for the most part, only allowing them to stay in the side palace halls in order to gain some experience.

In his last life, Ling Xiao had been infected by Mo Qi's halo, so he was also seen by the Emperor as a new eunuch. However, he had also made many mistakes in front of him and suffered both corporal punishment and verbal abuse. All of these things were recalled by Ling Xiao clearly.