Chapter 40: Inviting the Emperor

His clothes had been changed!

Once he was aware of this point, Ling Xiao shuddered and cold sweat dripped from him. His head felt faint and a burst of darkness appeared before his eyes. He feared that the end of the world would only amount to this much.

Experiencing a shock, Ling Xiao was on the verge of collapsing. Fu Yujun, who had been paying attention to him the whole time, hurriedly supported him. Seeing Ling Xiao's ugly complexion, the smile on Fu Yujun's face also disappeared. He looked worriedly at Ling Xiao, "Do you feel unwell? Quickly lie down."

Ling Xiao shook his head and gripped Fu Yujun's hand tightly, as if it was his lifeline, and hoarsely asked, "Your Highness, when you came in, did you see who helped me change clothes?"

He even forgot to address himself as "this servant"; he really lost his head.

Fu Yujun heard this irrelevant question and felt some doubt. He looked probingly at Ling Xiao, but Ling Xiao's gaze was just full of hope as he looked at him. Fu Yujun's heart shook.

His desire to probe dissipated in a split second.

This little servant tilted his head and looked at him with a gaze so rippling and innocent that this look shone into the deepest part of his heart and caused it to throb.

Those pale lips looked somewhat morbid, the small gap between them was also somewhat bewitching. Fu Yujun pushed down the incredibly strong urge to take advantage of the other. He looked away in embarrassment, clearing his throat with a cough, "Is it really important to know who changed your clothes?"

After saying that line, Fu Yujun scoffed to hide his evil desire. He had even spoken such a weak line.

He helplessly wondered what importance those little things had.

Who would have thought that the Ling Xiao in front of him would seriously nod his head.

"......"

Fu Yujun was astounded; there was puzzlement in his eyes.

But seeing Ling Xiao's pale face and rather anxious look toward this matter, Fu Yujun couldn't help but also become serious.

He carefully thought back and finally sighed, "Before I came, your clothes were already changed. I did not see who changed your clothes at all."

Ling Xiao despaired and looked down.

"However..."

Hearing the turnaround, Ling Xiao lifted his eyes and stared at Fu Yujun, his expression bright.

His depressed appearance just now changed to become so lively because of this word. Those bright eyes that were rippling with hope looked at him like a small puppy that was looking forward to being fed. It caused his heart to soften and collapse into a total mess.

Fu Yujun lightly laughed and raised his hand to rub the hair on Ling Xiao's forehead, saying, "Although I did not see who changed your clothes, when I came, there was no one else apart from the servants. Furthermore, these two maids were the ones that took the clothes you changed out of the room."

Ling Xiao placed all his attention onto what Fu Yujun was saying and overlooked Fu Yujun's action. He followed along Fu Yujun's gaze to land on the two unconscious maids by his bed and wrinkled his brows.

Fu Yujun replied, "When they walked out, I immediately hit their sleep point. If your clothing isn't missing, it should be just outside."

In other words, they still hadn't had the time to reveal his secret outside. Ling Xiao sighed in relief. This Fu Yujun finally did something good.