Chapter 65: Hatred Reaped

凌萧稍稍惊奇,上一辈子,牧修甯对自己总是有种莫名的敌意,虽然温柔的性子让他并没有对自己做出什么不好的事情,但是他从不会拿正眼瞧自己。

Ling Xiao was somewhat amazed. In his past lifetime, Mu Xiuning always had some kind of indescribably enmity against him, although his gentle temper made it so that he didn't do anything bad against him, he would never look at him in the eyes.

这辈子重生,竟然还能看到他这般平和的一面。

With this life, to think he would be able to see such a peaceful side of him.

凌萧轻笑,站在原地有礼而疏远叫唤了男子一声。

Ling Xiao lightly smiled and cried from afar to the man.

"皇叔。"

"Imperial Uncle."

"皇叔?"牧修甯微显诧异,走到了凌萧的面前,上上下下的打量着他。

"Imperial Uncle?" My Xiuning was obviously astonished and walked in front of him, sizing him up.

被露骨的眼神注视着,凌萧有些不适,整个身子因此而僵硬了起来。

Being so blatantly stared at, Ling Xiao felt a bit unwell and his body went a bit stiff.

牧修甯见状,移开了目光,轻声道:"我怎会是你皇叔呢,这可不能乱叫呐。"

Mu Xiuning moved away his gaze when he saw his discomfort and quietly said, "How could I be your Imperial Uncle? You can't randomly call people."

凌萧闻言一顿,抬眼去看牧修甯,发觉他的面上隐隐带着不满,眉目间是不懂掩饰的试探......

Ling Xiao paused, raising his eyes to look at Mu Xiuning and became aware that he looked a bit unhappy. His face was completely open about checking him out...

凌萧一愣,心中了然。

Ling Xiao understood at that moment.

听闻,皇帝小时候曾被牧修甯带过一阵子,牧修甯自来就对皇帝多了一分亲情。

He heard that when the Emperor was young, he had been taken care of by Mu Xiuning for a while. And Mu Xiuning had been very affectionate toward the Emperor from the very beginning.

此时,这般来试探自己,在这辈子牧修甯没有与莫绮相交的当下,凌萧能想到的,只有皇帝。

Right now with how he was coming here to check him out, since Mu Xiuning had not met with Mo Qi yet, then the only thing Ling Xiao could think of was the Emperor.

牧修甯是为了皇帝,来找自己这个男妃的。

Mu Xiuning came to find him for the Emperor, to find him, this male consort.

他想知道,自己当这个男妃合不合格。

He himself knows that he does not meet the qualifications for a male consort.

凌萧在心底冷笑了一声,他合不合格牧修甯说了不算。

Ling Xiao coldly smiled in his heart. Whether he was qualified or not has nothing to do with Mu Xiuning.

思及此,凌萧刻意表达立场回道:"您是皇上的皇叔,自然也就是凌萧的皇叔。"

After those thoughts, Ling Xiao deliberately expressed his position by replying, "You are the Emperor's Imperial Uncle, then naturally you are Ling Xiao's Imperial Uncle."