Chapter 62: Frankly Dealing With It

凌萧回到望春楼的时候,天色已经晚了。

When Ling Xiao returned to Hopeful Spring Tavern, it was already late.

望春楼各处都点上了昏黄的烛火,凌萧被侍女带回了望春楼的二楼。

Candle fires were lit all over the tavern, and he was led back to the second floor by the maid.

站在望春楼的二楼,凌萧却有些踌躇,当知道皇帝是在试探他之后,他有些彷徨,也有些难受。

Ling Xiao was a bit hesitant as he stood and looked at the second floor, when he realized that the Emperor was testing him, he was a bit indecisive and also felt a bit unwell.

整个人就像被捆绑了手脚,丢入了闷热的天气当中,明明热得难受,却不知道如何纾解,只能任由那一股股的热流,侵蚀自己的心肺。

His entire person was like he was tied up and then thrown into stifling hot weather. He was obviously feeling unwell from the heat and did not know how to relieve it, so he could only let that heat flow and corrode his heart and lungs.

侍女走到皇帝的门前就停了下来,弯腰行礼给凌萧让了一条路,意思很明显,让凌萧进去。

The maid walked to the Emperor's door and stopped, bending and saluting to Ling Xiao with the entrance by her side. The meaning was quite clear, to have Ling Xiao go in.

凌萧微微思忖着,挥手让侍女退了下去。

Ling Xiao slightly pondered, then waved his hand and had the maid leave.

侍女微微一愣,听话而恭敬的行礼离开。

The maid looked blankly for a bit then obediently and respectfully left with another salute.

凌萧就一个人站在皇帝的房门口,望着皇帝倒映在窗户上的影子叹气发呆。

With just Ling Xiao standing by himself outside the door, looking at the Emperor's reflection through the window and sighed as he stared lost himself in his thoughts.

这样总是被皇帝不信任,他即使揣着免死金牌,也完全没有安全感,必须要消除皇帝对自己的不信任才行。

Always not being trusted by the Emperor, even if he had this death-exemption golden plate, he did not have a sense of security. He had to eliminate the Emperor's distrust in him.

如此想着,凌萧举手敲了敲房门,在门口轻声唤了皇帝一句。

Thinking that way, Ling Xiao knocked on the door lightly and quietly called out for the Emperor once.

房间里面出现了短暂的沉默,不久,才传来皇帝沉稳的声音。

A period of silence lingered in the room, then before long, the Emperor's steady voice sounded.

"进来吧。"

"Come in."

凌萧小心翼翼的走进,这才发现皇帝坐在书桌边批着折子,见凌萧进来,皇帝将笔放下,目光悠悠的盯着凌萧,状似不经意的道:"舍得进来了?"

Ling Xiao carefully walked in and saw that the Emperor was sitting at his desk, marking an account book. Seeing that Ling Xiao had walked in, he placed down his brush, staring at Ling Xiao quietly then pretended to be not paying attention as he asked, "So you finally decided to come in?"

凌萧一愣,心中霎时明了,皇帝功力深厚,一点轻微的响声都逃不过他的耳朵,何况自己在门口呆了这么久。

Ling Xiao stared blankly then understood in the next second. The Emperor's martial arts are strong, even the slightest sound would not escape his ear, let alone when he had stayed at the door for so long.

只怕自己一到楼上,他已然知晓。

It was likely that he had already knew when he arrived at the second floor.

思及此,凌萧也不掩饰了,走到皇帝面前,垂头行礼直白道:"凌萧不知如何面对皇上。"

Ling Xiao also did not bother hiding anymore and walked in front of the Emperor, lowering his head in a salute and frankly said, "Ling Xiao doesn't how know to face your Majesty."

皇帝挑眉,靠在了椅背上,一副询问的姿态。

The Emperor raised an eyebrow, leaning against his chair, a questioning attitude.

凌萧抿唇大胆的道:"皇上,您不信任凌萧。"

Ling Xiao fearlessly pursed his lips and said, "Your Majesty, you do not trust Ling Xiao."

凌萧敢这样直接说话,是因为怀里揣着皇帝给的那块免死金牌。

Ling Xiao dared to speak this way because of the death-exemption golden plate in his bosom given by the Emperor.

既然生命有了保证,有憋屈的事情再隐瞒在心里不是凌萧的作风。凌萧果断的将自己的不满摊开在了皇帝的面前。

Since his life was guaranteed, then hiding unhappy matters in his heart wasn't his style. Ling Xiao firmly spread out his unhappiness in front of the Emperor.

何况皇帝本就不喜谎言,要皇帝的信任也就只有自己足够坦白。

Besides, the Emperor didn't like lies in the first place, so being honest enough was the only way to obtain his trust.

他的坦白才是取得皇帝信任的关键。

His honesty was the crucial point in obtaining his trust.

皇帝微微一愣,似乎在诧异凌萧会如此坦诚。

The Emperor stared blankly for a moment, a bit flabbergasted that Ling Xiao would be so frank.

不过,这样的坦诚皇帝并不讨厌,只见他微微勾了勾唇角,眼中有了些笑意的问向凌萧道:"你可是不满了?"

However, the Emperor didn't dislike this kind of frankness. The corner of his lips curved up and a trace of a smile was in his eyes as he asked Ling Xiao, "You're not satisfied?"

凌萧肯定点头:"凌萧确实不满。"

Ling Xiao nodded certainly, "Ling Xiao really isn't satisfied."

"......"皇帝眯眼,盯着面前的凌萧。

"......" The Emperor narrowed his eyes, staring at Ling Xiao before him.

凌萧一脸的坦诚,眉头轻蹙,似是委屈又似是蕴怒,轻撇着的嘴表达的尽是不满,好似一只怪责着主人没有照顾好自己的猫,张牙舞爪的对着自己的主人宣泄着自己的委曲,却没有半分威胁。

With Ling Xiao's frank face, his brows tightly knit with some grievance and anger on his face, and his unhappy frown expressed he was full unsatisfied. It was like a cat that was blaming the master for not taking good care of it, baring its fangs and claws to vent its unhappiness. But it wasn't threatening at all.

皇帝惬意的看着,扬眉眯起了双眼。

The Emperor watched satisfied, raised his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes.

凌萧咬牙道:"凌萧刚刚并没有跟傅禹君见面。"

Ling Xiao clenched his teeth, "Ling Xiao didn't meet with Fu Yujun."

皇帝闻言,轻敛下双眸,微微掀起了薄唇道:"已经动身,为何不见?"

The Emperor heard and his eyes lighten, his thin lips slightly raised as he said, "Since you already got there, why didn't you go see him?"