Chapter 35: Motherfúcker

"You planned to die with Mo Qi like this?"

Did he really hate Mo Qi that much? Lan Wei really wanted to ask him, but, no matter what, the question wouldn't leave his mouth.

Right now, wasn't the clearest thing his "hatred" towards Mo Qi?

But... did he need to suffer as well for this "hate"?

Lan Wei spread out the paper in front of Ling Xiao, "This is the will you wrote to the Emperor. Ling Xiao, even if you hate Mo Qi, you aren't such a stupid person. Furthermore, you are so fearful of death."

Ling Xiao was naturally not stupid! He really did cherish his life! So of course this letter was just a pretense, a pretense to let him disappear. If he were to kill Mo Qi, Ling Xiao did not have the assurance that he would be able to hide from the Emperor's eyes.

Since he wouldn't be able to hide, then he wouldn't hide. He would bluntly answer the Emperor's question by writing it clearly in the letter, telling the Emperor why he wanted to kill Mo Qi. Using moving words and tone to tell him that after he killed Mo Qi, he would be ashamed, and therefore chose to die to offer his apologies.

As long as the Emperor believed he was dead, then Ling Xiao had the confidence that he would be able to rely on his intelligence and wisdom to escape the palace!

However, this letter was seen by Lan Wei!

Ling Xiao clenched his teeth, this Lan Wei kept repeatedly destroying his plans, he really was annoying.

He loathly glared at Lan Wei, moodily stating, "What I want to do, has nothing to do with Young Master Lan Wei!"

"You..." Lan Wei frowned, looking annoyed. This was the first time he was persuading someone so patiently, yet the other didn't appreciate it!

Lan Wei felt that he was embarrassed and resentful said, "Ling Xiao, don't return kindness with resentment, didn't you listen to what this Young Master say just now? Don't do something so stupid! The Emperor is clear on everything!"

Ling Xiao sneered, Lan Wei is still Lan Wei. Even if he thought more now and understood more, he was still impossibly stupid!

How could he not lie to the Emperor?

Why wouldn't Lan Wei think a little more, his secret had already preordained that he would lie to the Emperor, one step at a time. He has already lied to the Emperor so much, what leeway would he have now?

He could either stake it all! Or wait for the day the Emperor was interested in dealing with him; in which case, GAME OVER!

Ling Xiao didn't want to die, so he could only stake it all!

Ling Xiao turned his eyes away from him in disdain, acting as if he didn't hear Lan Wei's advice at all.

Angered, Lan Wei grasped Ling Xiao's hand tightly and approached him.

Pained, Ling Xiao wore a tolerant face as he said, "Young Master Lan Wei, we have lots of private enmity, so this should be just fine for you! Your current words really don't sound like the you from before!"

It was indeed really strange, if he was in a difficult situation, it would have already been great if Lan Wei wasn't hitting him when he was down. But how was he supposed to take the current him, who was trying to be nice to him?

Could it be that Lan Wei had a change of heart?

Ling Xiao suspiciously stared at Lan Wei. Lan Wei heard him and restrained himself, a mocking curve appearing on his mouth, "It's like you said, but these two days, I learned a lot of things I didn't know before, and also realized the answers to a lot of questions."