Chapter 12: Honey Making Sugar [Plus One More]

Tonight, the Emperor was once again accompanying a concubine to the Imperial Garden to relieve boredom.

This time, it was Concubine Xian.

This Concubine Xian was the head of the harem. She didn't have any family background, but her appearance was beautiful, and her nature was virtuous. She had been made into a concubine by the Emperor when she had just entered the palace. After that, she became in charge of the harem after not even half a year.

Even now, she possessed a piece of the Emperor's heart.

At the meeting tonight, Ling Xiao believed that the Emperor would definitely resume a meat diet. It had already been so many days since the Emperor touched a woman. It was just too abnormal.

What Ling Xiao felt was important was that if the Emperor doted on some other woman more, then he wouldn't be able to think about that Mo Qi who had had her plate flipped, but wasn't made into a concubine. As long as he could not remember Mo Qi, then Mo Qi's chance of climbing up was even lower. This was why Ling Xiao was so keen to help create the atmosphere for the Emperor and his concubines.

Concubine Xian was wearing light purple tonight, and her face powder and eyebrow liner were light. She looked quiet and exquisite without losing any grace.

The moonlight was thick, and the atmosphere was just right. Concubine Xian and the Emperor stopped at the edge of the lake.

Seeing this, Ling Xiao quietly retreated and hid himself in the underbrush beside the lake. He took the pouch that he had prepared long ago out of his embrace. The mouth of the pouch was loose, and its contents made it bulge.

Ling Xiao slightly smiled and aimed at the two people standing close together by the lake.

He lowered his head to deal with the pouch, and at this moment the Emperor who was standing by the lake looked in his direction and slightly smiled, his eyes shining brightly under the moonlight.

"Your Majesty? Your Majesty?"

Concubine Xian looked at the Emperor in puzzlement, and the Emperor turned around to look back at Concubine Xian. The smiling expression on his face was long gone, becoming completely blank.

"What is the matter?"

In response to the Emperor's question, Concubine Xian slightly pursed her lips and smiled a little, looking dignified and graceful, "Your Majesty, your servant just said that the lake pavilion's scenery is beautiful. There are tables and chairs in the pavilion, so we can admire the moon. If it is no harm, we can go take a look?"

The Emperor glanced in the direction of the underbrush, saying, "We think this place is just fine."

Concubine Xian was surprised, but she just closed her eyes and gently smiled, obediently speaking no more.

Suddenly, a large amount of green fluorescence flew out from the underbrush, flashing brightly and illuminating half of the place. Concubine Xian's eyes widened, revealing her shock.

The Emperor also looked up to see it, his gaze profound.

"They're fireflies." Concubine Xian reached out a hand to touch the flashing insects, her elegant smile still in place, but if one looked carefully, one could still see the surprise in her eyes.

She turned her head to look at the Emperor, her eyes filled with nostalgia and gratitude, "Many thanks to Your Majesty for this generous love to your servant."

The Emperor turned his head and faced Concubine Xian, but his eyes were nevertheless crossing over Concubine Xian to look at the underbrush where Ling Xiao remained quietly.