Chapter 61: The Strongest Country

兰蔚相比之前,要成熟很多,稚嫩的脸庞因为肤色的加深而显得沧桑。

Compared to before, he had matured a lot. Lan Wei's young and tender face deepen and underwent great changes because of his skin color.

周遭那原本自大傲慢的气势突变,变得沉稳而内敛。

The originally arrogant and haughty atmosphere that surrounded him turned steady and reserved.

凌萧看着这样的兰蔚,一时间竟不知说些什么好?

When Ling Xiao saw this kind of Lan Wei, he did not know what he should say.

兰蔚对视凌萧的目光,复杂的低下了头,这人一如既往的英俊,修长的身姿隐藏在白色锦衣下,让先前只做太监装扮的他,焕然一新,变得高贵而优雅。

Facing Ling Xiao's sight, Lan Wei felt complicated and lowered his head. This man was as handsome as before, his slender beauty hidden under the white brocaded clothes. Compared to the him who only wore the eunuch uniform before, he changed beyond recognition, becoming more noble and graceful.

这让兰蔚意识到,凌萧已经不一样了,不仅仅是现在的身份,在自己心里或许也是不一样的,可因为身份,自己再也不能对他随性而为了,思及此,兰蔚失落的敛下了眸,瞬间也失去了开口的欲望。

This made Lan Wei realize that Ling Xiao was different now, not only his current identity, even his mind was perhaps different. Because of his identity, he could no longer be as casual to him. Lan Wei felt at loss at the thought and he closed his eyes, losing the desire to speak for a moment.

两人就这般面面相觑,相对无言,气氛刹那间尴尬到了极点。

So the two just looked at each other in dismay, remaining silent. The atmosphere turned extremely awkward in an instant.

最后,还是侍女打破了沉默:"兰将军,主子命令属下带公子来探望邵国二皇子,您带下路吧。"

In the end, the one that broke the silence was the maid. "Lan Wei, Master ordered this subordinate to lead Young Master to visit Shao Country's Second Prince, would you lead him?"

兰蔚闻言,显得很是讶异,他转向侍女想要确定般问道:"皇上要凌萧......不,要皇君去探望二皇子?"

Lan Wei was very surprised when he heard that, he changed to face the maid, wanting to make sure he heard right, "The Emperor wants Ling Xiao... no, wants the King Consort to visit the Second Prince?"

侍女点头,应道:"是的,所以还请将军前头带路。"

The maid nodded, replying, "Yes, so we would like to ask General to lead the way."

兰蔚抿唇沉思,半响,他轻轻摇了摇头,抬眼朝着侍女微笑道:"我可否和皇君说几句话?"

Lan Wei pursed his lips and contemplated for a while, then he lightly shook his head and smiled at the maid, "Can I speak to the King Consort for a moment?"

侍女闻言,看了凌萧一眼,随即低头,后退了两步,行礼道:"您随意。"

The maid glanced at Ling Xiao at his request, then bowed her head and retreated a few steps, saluting, "As you wish."

说完,侍女转身走向了远处,将空间留给了兰蔚和凌萧。

With that spoken, the maid turned and walked to a farther place, leaving the area for Lan Wei and Ling Xiao.