Chapter 55

NH
I am so incredibly nervous right now. I can't believe I am going to be doing this. I keep checking and double checking everything. I have had the house all to myself all afternoon because Harry had meetings to go ever all the final numbers from the tour. Harry asked me to go but I lied and said I was not feeling well. However that almost backfired because Harry was going to postpone the meetings so he could stay home and look after me. I insisted that he goes because it was just an upset tummy and I didn't want to have to possibly bolt out of a meeting in search for a bathroom. Thank goodness he bought my excuse and agreed to go the the meetings without me.
Once Harry was gone for about 30 minutes I set my plan into motion. I have been ordering stuff all week long and now I need to go pick up everything. First stop was at the florist, then the liquor store for both wine and champagne, and then finally the picking up a whole lot of candles. I also order dinner from Harry's favorite restaurant but they will deliver that later. The most important item for tonight was already safely hide at home inside my carry on bag. Gemma helped me pick it out a couple days before her and Anne left. I picked a gold ring with an emerald stone. I chose this one because it will stand out on his hand and people to know he was taken. Gemma also made me actually promise to video tape my proposal so they could see it.

I set up the table out by the pool for dinner. The table was set with nice china, candles and flowers. Nothing to over the top just really nice and romantic. I made sure that nothing was out in the kitchen or family room to suggest any of my plans to Harry when he arrived home. My plan is to take him back to the studio so I can play him song before I pop the question. I also know that Harry has the room set up with video equipment so I can capture the moment for  us and our families.
Once I knew everything was all set up I went up to get cleaned up. I did ask Harry to call on his way home so if I needed anything. When all I really needed was to know when he would be arriving. When I was dressed I got out that little box and went to put it in the studio. I was double checking everything when the bell rang. I ran to the door knowing it was our dinner arriving. I headed into the kitchen and placed it in the oven to keep it warm. I also got the wine out on the counter along with a plate of appetizers. With one last glance around I heard the front door open.

"Niall I am home and I brought some soup". Harry shouted out as he entered the house.

"I am in the kitchen" I replied and I heard Harry came my way. I was opening the wine as he entered the kitchen.

"You must be feeling better and what is the wine for"Harry asked as he walked over and kissed my check.

"Yeah,  I napped and took something to help my tummy. All of this is to celebrate how well all the final numbers came out from your tour" I replied as I handed him his wine glass.

We sat and chatted about the meeting as we sipped the wine and ate a few of the appetizers. Soon enough I told Harry to go freshen up and then join me out by the pool for dinner.