06

I woke up to the sound of sheets being messed with.  Jaren was getting up.  He noticed I had looked back at him and he smiled.  "Good morning, (Y//N)."

I yawned.  "Good morning.  What time is it?"

He turned to look at the clock.  "11:42."

I nodded and started getting up.

After getting dressed, I walked out of the room.  Jaren had already gone downstairs for breakfast.

"(Y//N)."

The raspy voice came from behind me.  It had a rough accent to it.

I turn around.  "Cam?" I guess.  Yes, Cameron was there - with Ezra.  "Ezra?"

"We overheard Jaren and your's conversation last night," Ezra admitted.  His normal low voice mixed with a morning rasp made him seem intimidating.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered.  "How?"

"Well, Ezra and I were planning to come scare you and Jaren after we told you we weren't going to come play Cards Against Humanity, but I guess you had already ended the game by the time we got there," Cameron answered.

"We heard Jaren ask something along the lines of you liking anyone," Ezra continued, "so we decided to listen in like the assholes we are."

"Mason, huh?" Cameron chuckled.

"Shh! You can't tell anybody! Only Jaren was supposed to know!" I snapped.

"Oh, we're not like that.  We wouldn't tell anyone," Cam assured me.  "It's just interesting that you would like Mason after you've said a million times he's 'just a friend.'"

"He is just a friend! And I don't know for sure that I like him yet."

"Alright whatever, let's just get breakfast."

Cameron, Ezra, and I walked down the stairs toward the kitchen.  Everyone was already eating.

They were all having conversations as we walked over.  I tried to snag a seat away from Mason, but Cam and Ezra took the only open seats that weren't next to him. The grinned mischievously at me as they sat. The only one left was the one to his right.

Shit.

I sat awkwardly.  I felt Jaren's gaze towards me, but I refused to look back at him.

I was the only one not talking at the table.  I was honestly so embarrassed that now three people knew.  I quickly finished the waffle and got up without cleaning up my plate.  I walked fast upstairs before anyone could say anything.  I felt the gaze of multiple people burning into my back.

CAM'S POV

(Y//N) suddenly got up without a word and went to the stairs.  She looked sad.

"Should I follow her?" Mason asked in concern.

"Uh- that's not a good idea," Cam replied.

"Why?"

He glanced at Jaren. Jaren raised his right eyebrow as if asking 'you know?'. Cameron slightly nodded and turned back to Mason.

"Uh- I think she'll only talk to me right now." Cameron stood up and followed (Y//N).

YOUR POV

I heard a knock at the door.

I sighed.  "Come in."

Cameron walked in with a slight smile. "Hey."

"Hi."

He sat down at the end of the bed facing me.

"Look, if you're uncomfortable that I made you sit next to Mason, or just uncomfortable in general that I know, you can tell me," he mumbled.

"It's just- I'm scared he'll find out. I feel like I can trust you, but secrets always get out somehow."

"I get it. I understand."

He scooted closer to me. "I feel like something else is bothering you. C'mon. You can tell me."

I sighed. I fought mentally with myself whether I should tell him about the night Mason and I got drunk.

"Did- did you hear Jaren and I's whole conversation?"

He looked at the ceiling as if he was thinking. His gaze traveled back down to me. "We walked away from the room after we heard you say 'Mason' because we freaked out." Cam chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

So he doesn't know.

"Why, (Y//N)?"

"Um..," I hesitated. After trying to find the right words, I continued. "That night, at Mason's hotel, something happened. And no, before you interrupt, we didn't fuck." I saw a glimmer of amusement in Cameron's eyes. "We got drunk. Like really drunk to the point where Mason couldn't remember anything the next morning.

"He kissed me after awhile and well we ended up making out for awhile. That morning I woke up with hickies and explained to him what happened.

"The thing that's actually bothering me is that he said it didn't mean anything. He was just drunk. So... I just feel like he doesn't and won't feel the same about me."

Cameron was nodding in understanding.

I continued, "I told Jaren about it, and he said that guys might say that just to hide their feelings, and I believed it at first. Now... I have doubts."

"Hey," Cam started. "I agree with Jaren. I mean, Mason was going to follow you upstairs to check on you."

"He- he was?"

"Yeah, but I said it was better if I come up. Sorry if that disappoints you." He winked. "Also, I see the way he is near you. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt the same way you do about him."

"Yeah... but it's just because we've been friends for so long, so he's comfortable around me."

"Still, I think you should just trust Jaren and I on this one. Want me to throw hints at Mason?" He smirked.

"Um... normally I'd say no- but sure. I don't care anymore."

Cam smiled and I grinned back.

"Are you sure you guys didn't fuck?" he suddenly asked.

"CAM!" I punched him in the arm.

A//N: wow ok 400+ reads lmao what? i was expecting only like 20 but thank u for reading. not sure why people enjoy this because i feel like this story is dragging on. anyways my updates will be slower because i have a lot to think about (personal stuff) before school starts again.
also, i know that the personalities for the guys might not match them irl but i'm trying to match it as much as possible.
<3