21

"Mason, seriously, it's fine."

"No, it's not.  I can fix it."

The guys and I were planning to go out today.  As I was getting ready, I had noticed the hickey once again.  Mason had walked into the bathroom while I was staring at it and decided he'd help cover it up.

He was currently trying to cover it better, but nothing was working.  However, he insisted he would keep trying.

"But Mason," I argue.  "we've tried everything.  Not even three layers of makeup could fully cover it."

"I want to help, though.  I was the one who gave you it, after all." Mason went back to trying to cover it.  He was using some of my makeup and trying basically everything.

I sigh, letting him do whatever. "You know, this reminds me of that morning at the hotel," I say after a few moments.

"Huh? Which one?"

"This is why people think you're autistic," I joke, shaking my head. "The morning where you had to cover all the hickeys you gave me? When we got drunk?"

"Oh shit, ya." He laughed, continuing to place layers of concealer or foundation onto the hickey.

I glance at the mirror and see it's barely showing anymore. "Holy shit, Mason, what did you do?"

Mason looked frightened. "Fuck, did I do something wrong?"

"No, no- it's barely showing anymore," I mutter, gesturing to the mark.

"Oh. Ya, the only thing I did different was add that green stuff." He pointed to a little bottle of green concealer, which is meant for covering up redness.

"You're a fucking genius!"

He finishes up covering it and smiles. "Didn't you just call me autistic?"

"I was just joking," I assured. When he moves to put the makeup supplies away, I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him from his side.

"What?" He laughed.

"Just my way of saying thank you," I expressed.  I release him and walk out.  I pick up my phone and go on Twitter.

I hadn't been on social media lately, so I wasn't sure what to expect as I opened the app.  I had thousands of tweets from fans.  Of course, they were all relating to Mason.

I feel arms wrap around from behind me.  Mason buries his head in the crook of my neck, on the other side of the hickey, and plants kiss gently.  He looks up and notices I'm on Twitter.

"I thought we were taking a break from the internet?" he mutters.

"I'm just checking.  The questions about you and I haven't stopped," I announce in an annoyed manner.

"We should just tell everybody," Mason suggests.

"I mean, we aren't actually dating yet."

"We should change that."

I feel my heart flutter.  "That's up to you."

I was hoping he would say or do something, but he just lets me go and walks over to his shoes.  I'm disappointed, but maybe Mason's just not ready for that yet. 

However, he said he loved me. But, maybe it was too early for him to tell.

***

The guys and I were once again eating McDonalds.  Honestly, I never enjoyed McDonalds.  I usually just got a shit ton of fries and called that my meal.  However, this time I got chicken nuggets with my fries.