14

anyone follow @/zuccles on instagram just curious🤔

It's been about four days now since Mason and I encountered Jake in the forest.

Both of us decided not to tell the other guys about it.

Currently, we were all eating In-N-Out for dinner.  Some of the guys had never had it before, since it's not in their country. For me, I haven't had it in about three years, since I moved to New Zealand.

John and Jaren's room had much more space, since there was only one bed instead of two. We were all sitting on their floor, talking amongst ourselves.

I overhear Cam say, "Can't believe we all go home in three days." The trip felt so quick.

Then I realized I'd have to separate from Mason.

Mason was close by my side. I looked up at him to my left.

He notices and raises an eyebrow. "What?"

I glance at the others to make sure they don't overhear. "Are you... are you going back to Australia?"

He smiled. "Well, actually I thought about going back with you and Cam to New Zealand for awhile longer."

I felt weight lift off my shoulders and I stifled a sigh of relief. It would be hard to leave him after these past few days.

"Jaren, truth or dare?"

The voice belongs to Jay. I guess they started truth or dare while Mason and I were talking.

"Uh, truth."

"Would you be gay for John?" Jay has a glint of amusement in his eyes.

I notice Jaren tense up and I stifle a laugh.

He looks at John, who's sitting at his right. "Y-Yes..."

"I knew he was gay," I muttered to Mason. He laughs quietly.

"Oh, damn," John laughs. I can tell he's amused but not disgusted.

Jaren regains focus and asks, "(Y//N), truth or dare?"

I shrug. "Dare."

He smirks. "Kiss-" I felt like he was going to say Mason, but his gaze turns to someone else. "-Cameron."

I flinch, and I feel Mason stir.

"I'm sorry, what?" Cam questions.

"I can't do that," I add.

"And why not?" Jaren asks, still smirking mischievously.

"He's my best friend... and well..." I trail off, moving my hand so it lightly touches Mason's.

"Do it. It was the dare."

I look at Cam with a worried look, and then to Mason. He's avoiding eye contact, which disappoints me.

Cam is sitting from across me, and he scoots closer to me. I feel my stomach get tight with a feeling I couldn't describe. His eyes show he feels the same as me.

"I'm sorry," he mutters.

Now I feel Mason's gaze burning into the side of my head.

Before I reply, Cam presses his lips against mine for what felt like less than a second before he pulls away. My face gets hot with embarrassment as he moved back into his spot next to Jay and Toby.

I feel speechless, and I look at Mason once again. He looks outraged and hurt, even though he is trying his best not to look at me.

Guilt overwhelms me. I feel sick.