10

this chapter is kinda random but i'm running out of ideas tbh

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside.  The morning sunrise was shining down on my face through the patio window.  I opened my eyes slowly while sitting up.  I yawned and looked to my left to see Mason still in a deep sleep.  I smiled and got out of bed to get ready.

At the sink, I wet my hands and splashed the water onto my face. Then I just stood there, looking at the sink with a wet face. I thought about yesterday, with Jake at Ruby's. But... I also thought of Mason, and last night. It made me smile.

Suddenly, I felt an arm go around my shoulder. I flinched and looked up from the sink. It was Jay.

"So, how did you like kissing him?"

I looked down, closing my eyes as I shook my head, but I was grinning. "Jesus, you heard us?"

"Yep," he said.

Once he took his arm off my shoulder and walked away, I dried my face off and put on what little makeup I need. I brushed my teeth and got dressed.

All at once, I heard three phones ding. We must have gotten a text in the group chat.

I walked over to my phone, but Jay had already read it. "Cam wants to talk to all of us."

"Now?"

"Ya, I think so. I'll wake up Mason," he whispered mischievously.

I giggled slightly as I sat down on the edge of Jay's bed, facing where Mason was sleeping. He walked over to him and leaned over his face. Jay got close to his ear. I wasn't sure what he was planning to do. Then, Jay made one of those fake moans, loud enough for Mason to jolt awake immediately.

"What the fuck?" Mason yelped with his rough accent.

Both Jay and I laughed.

"Cam wants to talk to all of us, right now. Get dressed," Jay stated.

Mason groaned but obeyed. He went over to the dresser where our clothes were and took out his pink hoodie he always wears and black jeans. He walked over to the bathroom.

After awhile, Mason was dressed and ready, and we walked through the door that led to Cam's room.

"It's about time," I heard Eric say as we walked in.

"Sorry, Mason wasn't awake," Jay clarified.

Everyone was sat down on the floor in a circle, but there was an open gap for the three of us.

I sat down next to John, and Mason took a seat on my left.  Jay was the last to sit.

"(Y//N)," Cameron began.  "how do you feel?  From yesterday, I mean."

I shrug.  "I'm still a little shaken up, honestly."

"Alright.  Well if we see him around today, don't worry.  We'll handle him before he can even glance at you."

I laugh a little.  "Jeez, I don't need protectors or anything," I say, rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"(Y//N), you fainted when you saw him," Cam pointed out.

I felt my face growing hot.  God, I looked so weak!  "I know... but I feel like I can handle seeing him better now."

"Alright, if you say so.  Anyways," Cam continued.  "there's a laser tag place close by I thought we should go to.  It looked fun."

"I'm down," Toby said from across from me.  The others nodded in agreement to going.

"Alright, it's settled. We'll leave in thirty minutes."