15

A muffled giggle awakened me from my slumber. 

I opened my eyes to see an afternoon sun.

Jesus, I really slept in.

The laugh came from Cam's room.  I guessed it belonged to Jaren. 

Jay and Mason weren't in the room.  I feel surprised but grateful I wasn't woken up by the two.

I quickly clean up my appearance before going into Cam's room.

"Ah, (Y//N)!"

Jaren greets me as soon as I walk in.

"Good morning," I respond with a smile.

"Uh- afternoon," Jaren corrects me.

"Whatever," I grunt.

As the other guys are talking, Jaren walks closer and whispers in my ear, "I'm sorry about last night... I know I fucked up things with you and Mason, which was stupid of me."

I shrugged.  "I forgive you.  I'll fix things, don't worry."

He gave a relieved smile and walked toward one of the beds where Cam, Ezra, Eric, and Toby were sitting down eating food.  I followed and the two of us sat down, too.  The bed was very cramped now.

I avoided sitting next to Cam, so it wouldn't piss off Mason even more.  I'm facing the other bed now.  On the bed sits Jay, John, and Mason.  Mason is facing the other way, and he seems to be staring down at his hands.  Jay and John look like they're trying to talk to him, and they're patting his shoulders here and there to cheer him up.

I look next to me at Jaren.  He's looking at me with a sad expression, as he knows I was staring at Mason.  I shrug, letting him know there's nothing we can do about it yet.

I steal some of John's fries that they'd gotten from McDonalds, and he flips me off with a bitch face on. Normally, I would've laughed obnoxiously, but I only smiled and ate one of the the fries.  I still felt guilt floating around me, mainly in my stomach.

I look up to Cam.  He gives a gentle smile before looking back down at his food.  I want to talk to him; he's the only one that can help me at this point.

Eric brought up the topic about going home in two days.  Everyone started discussing where they'd be going, whether it was home or back to New Zealand with Cam and I.  Jaren decided he'll just go back to Canada, while the others were still deciding.

I couldn't help but keep glancing at Mason.  He had just told me last night he might go to New Zealand with the two of us.  Now- I'm not so sure.

To distract myself, I fiddled with the ring on my thumb gently.  Ezra, who was sitting next to me, must have noticed.

"Are you ok?" Ezra asked.

"Uh... ya.  I'm fine."

"Then why are you so fidgety?"

"I'm just bored," I insisted.

He shrugged, not wanting to argue.

I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.  Mason was walking towards the door.

Everyone turned their heads when they heard the door open and close.  I turned my gaze to Jay, who was staring at the door as well. 

"Jay, where's he going?" I ask.

His head turns slowly towards me as he responds, "He said he was going for a walk."

I sigh in understanding.  Mason had looked sad when he was walking out: head down, hands in his sweatshirt's pocket.  I needed to fix this.