16

"Mason," both Jay and I whisper.

We both walk quickly to his side and kneel down. I'm above his face, and I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Mason!" I exclaim louder.

Mason finally looks focused and turns his gaze to us. "(Y//N)..." His voice comes out shaky and in a quiet rasp.

"Jesus, cunt, what happened?" Jay questioned.

Mason let out a sigh and closed his eyes, rolling his head over so it's facing away from us.

I turn my head to Jay as I put Mason's phone in my pocket. "Help me carry him."

He nods and lifts him from his legs while I secure his upper body. Mason groans in pain as he's held.

As we're walking out of the forest, I try to look at his wounds, but it's too dark to tell.  However, there are darker parts of his skin that are either bruises or blood.  He must have been jumped.

We reach the hotel doors and Jay uses one hand to open it, letting me go first.  We make our way through and head for the elevator.  Employees and guests give us looks as we pass, but I ignore them by looking down at Mason's beat up face.  The light shows that I was correct, and he had a bruised cheek with a black eye and multiple cuts with dried blood underneath. 

Jay and I carried Mason into the elevator where no one else was on.

"This is all my fault," I whisper as we go up.

"No it's not," Jay assures, without another word.

I stay silent, and the elevator doors open.  Our room is right by the elevator and Jay knocks quietly.

After a few seconds, Cam opens the door.

"Holy shit."

He lets us by and we lay Mason down on the bed where Ezra and Toby were just sitting.

"What the fuck happened?" Eric asked.

"Look, we don't know." I start to get flustered. "Let's just let him rest here for awhile and then he'll explain when he feels better."

Mason was already asleep by the time I looked back at him. So, as everyone saw I was serious about letting him be, they all went back to what they were doing as if nothing was wrong. Jay joined them, and I stayed beside Mason.

His breathing was normal, but occasional it would shake in his sleep. I frowned when this happened.

After what felt like forever, I felt a hand touch my leg as I was on my phone.  I look down at the hand and turn to see Mason half awake.

"Mason!" My voice comes out like a gasp, and none of the other guys hear me.

I lean down and lay next to Mason.

"Are you feeling alright?"

He looked as if he was going to speak, but he began to cough rapidly.  The others began to gather around, now that they knew he was awake.

"Jesus man, what happened to you?" Cam asked.

Mason glanced at me and only said one word, "Jake."

My eyes widened and I knew what he meant.

"Jake did this to you?" Cam questioned in anger. "Why would he want to do this to you?"

"Can- can you guys just let me talk to him? Alone?" I ask before Mason answers.

Some look at each other and others nod in agreement. I look back to Mason and ask, "Do you think you can walk?"

He nods and struggles to sit up, but eventually gets it. Mason uses me as a support as we walk through the connecting doors into our room.

He lays down on the bed and grunts in pain. I close the door and turn on the light after helping him settle in.

I sit on the opposite side of the bed and stare at him for a bit, taking in how beat up and sad he looks.

"Mason?"

Mason looks over to me slowly. "Ya?"

"I'm sorry."

I could tell he tried to smile, but he squinted his eyes in pain. I quickly got up and put water on a towel.

Walking back to the bed, I began to clean his face up gently, and hoped it soothed his pain at least a little.

While cleaning, Mason's arm went around my waist, telling me he wanted me to lie down. I obeyed and laid close to him as I continued with the towel. Mason grabbed the towel from my hand gently and dropped it on the ground. Confused, my right eyebrow rose.

"I was an idiot," he croaked out, letting me cuddle close with my head on his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"I got so butthurt that you kissed Cam. I know it was just a dare," Mason explained sadly.

"It's my fault. I could have just rejected the dare. I don't know why I didn't just do that."

I felt him kiss the top of my head and I looked up from where my head lay.

"I forgive you, (Y//N), ok?"

I smile and nod, cuddling closer.

I feel something in my pocket and I realize what it is. "Oh, here's your phone, by the way." I pull it out from my pocket and place it on his stomach. Mason quickly grabs it and reads the notification.

"Man, you guys really spammed my phone."

I laugh. "We were worried."

"Well, Jay seemed more desperate, if I'm being completely honest."

"What? How?" I question.

"He sent twenty texts. One saying 'What if I told you (Y//N) wants to smash?'"

I roll my eyes and grunt. "He wasn't taking it as seriously as I was."

He laughs, and we fall silent for awhile.  We hold each other and I listen to Mason's heartbeat.

"I'm sorry for being a cunt."

Mason interrupting the silence surprises me, and I smile, looking up at him again.  "Stop apologizing, Mason."

He sighs, and we fall silent once more.  Mason's breathing becomes shallow and calm, and I realize he's asleep.  I smile to myself, and fall asleep as well.

fuck sorry this took awhile to write lol i've been making an edit and listening to the new podcast so there probably won't be another chapter until tomorrow.

honestly i'm not really liking this story at all anymore so it's gonna have to end soon unless i become motivated soon, which might happen but it depends.

hope u liked this chapter cuz i didn't lmao.