We're Just Friends

This one's a song fic because I just really like the song "Friends" by Marshmellow and AnneMarie so yeah. This one's a lil different though. The lyrics will be in italics and the scenes (which are different moments in the story, all in present time) are going to be in regular text. Enjoy!! (play the song too) (also, bill and dipper are childhood friends and bill is full human, this is all in their senior year of high school)
—————————————————————
Third Person POV:

You say you love me, I say you crazy
We're nothing more than friends
You're not my lover, more like a brother
I've known you since we were like ten

Dipper and Bill are walking through the park, and Bill pulls out a little paper heart and gives it to Dipper. The paper reads 'I love you Pinetree!'. Dipper looks up at Bill after reading the heart and shakes his head, telling Bill that he only thinks of him as a best friend. Bill sadly looks away and puts his hands in his pockets.

Don't mess it up, talking that shit
Only gonna push me away, that's it
When you say you love me, that make me crazy
Here we go again

Bill grabs Dipper's hands in the hallway at school and tells Dipper that he loves him.
Dipper pulls his hands away and shakes his head. He rolls his eyes as Bill keeps proclaiming his love for him.

So don't go look at me with that look in your eye~
You really ain't going away without a fight~
You can't be reasoned with, I'm done being polite~
I've told you one two three four five six thousand times~

Dipper puts his hand out to stop Bill from kissing him. He tells Bill that he's told him a thousand times that he doesn't think of him that way.

Haven't I made it obvious
Haven't I made it clear
Want me to spell it out for you
F-R-I-EN-DS
Haven't I made it obvious
Haven't I made it clear
Want me to spell it out for you
F-R-I-EN-DS
F-R-I-EN-DS

Dipper walks away from Bill, who is holding a bouquet of blue and yellow roses. Dipper turns around and points his hands at Bill, saying "We're just friends." He turns around again and walks out.

Have you got no shame?
You lookin' insane, showing up at my door
It's two in the morning, the rain is pouring
Haven't we been here before?

The doorbell rings at 2 AM in the morning in the middle of a rainstorm. Dipper walks up to the front door in a red t-shirt and gray shorts, his hair messed up and looking like he stuck his finger in an electrical socket. He opens to door to see a soaked Bill standing out in the rain with a heart-shaped box of chocolate. Dipper thinks back to several other times Bill has done this. "Hi Pinetree!" Bill says. Dipper sleepily blinks his eyes and says "What are you doing here, Bill? It's the middle of the night and it's raining." "I wanted to give you this!" Bill says smiling, and he holds out the box to Dipper. Dipper takes the box and walks away for a second, putting it on the kitchen table. He walks back to the door and thanks Bill for the candy. "You're welcome Pinetree! I love you!" Bill replies happily. "Bill, we've been over this. I appreciate your romantic gestures and the fact that you love me, but you know I don't feel the same." Dipper sighs. "I know, I just really love you and I want you to know that. Bye Dipper." Bill says sullenly. He walks over to his bike and speeds off after Dipper waves goodbye.

Don't mess it up, talking that shit
Only gonna push me away, that's it
Have you got no shame, you lookin' insane
Here we go again

Bill invites Dipper to Starbucks after school. Dipper agrees and after the bell rings to dismiss the students, the two head off and race each other to the cafe. They sit down after ordering their coffee, talking about various things, like how their day is going and what their twins are up to these days. About a half an hour passes and Bill starts talking about love. He says he loves Dipper for the thousandth time. Then Bill leans in and tries to press his lips to Dipper's. Dipper pushes him away and says, "Bill, please stop. Please." Bill pulls back and stares down at his coffee with a sad puppy look on his face.