1

Today has been a very hectic day for me.

I never meant for things to go this far, especially with a guy like him.

I finally look up at my cousin, Rain, she's been lecturing me for a couple of minutes, but I'm not listening.

See, Rain has been taking care of me since my parents passed away in a car crash three years ago.

Rain shakes her head dissapointed. "You're not even listening to me, you never listen!"

Rain starts to mumble to herself and pace back and fourth around my room; she's obviously stressed.

"Lani, you've been doing this since you were thirteen." Rain says.

I look up at my older cousin and I see how worried she was.

"I know," I look down again.

"You're seventeen now, you'll be grown next year and I won't be able to help you anymore," Rain says.

I nod my head biting my lip.

"What you've done this time is just- I can't-" Rain lets out a shaky sigh.

There is a few minutes of silence.

"I'm not even sure if I can help you this time, Lani!" Rain blurts out.

I swallow because my throat is feeling dry.

"What do you mean?" I asked concerned.

"I mean you've swam too far this time and I am not going to be able to swim out and catch you!" Rain states her hazel eyes begin to get clouded with tears, and then she breaks down into tears.

Woah, Rain never lets me see her break down like this, I think to myself.

"Rain," my other cousin Danni says.

Danni walks to her sister pulling her into a hug.

I get up from my bed and I wrap my arms around her.

"I'm sorry!" Rain sniffles gaining her composure again.

"Everything will be okay, I've gotta-" Rain snaps her fingers three times thinking of the word to say next.

"Think positive?" I asked.

Rain smiles at me. "Exactly sweetie, think positive!"

Rain and Danni walk to Rain's room and I sit on my bed.

Danni walks back into our shared room and she looks at me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Danni asked.

I shake my head no.

I know you're probably wondering what the heck is going on, so let me go back to the beginning.

_____

I hope you're enjoying the story so far, make sure to comment, vote, and share!