34

LANI

I pull Rain to the side while everyone else walks to the living room.

"Your whole mood changed, what happened?" I asked Rain.

"Danni talked to me, she said I should be nicer and get to know everyone!" Rain replies.

"Um, okay I guess."

I walk with everyone to the living room.

Danni makes her way to LaMelo's lap and Gelo and Rae are messing with each other.

I feel Lonzo look at me and I look up at him, smiling a little.

"Lani, come help me cook!" Rain calls for me.

I glance at Lonzo once more before walking into the kitchen.

"I made you a doctor's appointment for next week, you'll need a checkup to see how far along the baby is." Rain says while handing me some shells to fry.

I just nod my head.

She is making tacos, Mexican rice, beans, and some chips and guacomole.

"Fry the shells while I make the guac." Rain directs me.

I glance up and over at the living room to see LiAngelo, Rae, and Lonzo playing Call of Duty, and Danni and LaMelo about to kiss.

"Why isn't Danni helping?" I asked while frying shells for tacos.

"Because, Danni is-" Rain thinks for a second.

She glances at Danni and LaMelo who are sucking each others faces off. "DANNI, GET YOUR ASS IN THIS KITCHEN!"

Danni jumps because she got scared.

She gets off of LaMelo's lap and she walks towards us.

"Fuck you you snitch!" Danni flicks me off while I laugh flipping some more shells.

Danni starts to cut up lettuce, tomatoes, and other stuff like that.

_____

After making the shells and cutting stuff, Danni and I start to set the table.

LaMelo walks over to us and he glances at Danni and I.

"Where are the plates, mamas?" He asked Danni.

"That cabinet to the right," Danni points to the cabinets and LaMelo grabs seven plates setting them on the table.

Rain starts to put the meat in the tacos.

I grab napkins and Danni grabs cups and juice.

She fills the cups with juice.

_____

Everyone sits at the dinner table and we all link hands for the prayer.

Danni is saying the prayer today.

Everyone bows their heads and link hands.

"Dear Lord, I want to thank you for letting everyone stay alive for another day. I also want to thank you for letting us gather here today with our loved ones," Danni pauses.

"Amen," everyone says.

Dinner was going great, until you know, it wasn't.

_____