Chapter 21: What the vision left out

Chapter 21

I was expecting to wake up then.  For Fate to come in my room at home and get me out of bed.  But unlike last time, no such luck.

I snapped, losing any and all control I might have had.  I guess the adrenaline that was flowing through me kicked in, because somehow, I was able to kick the guy behind me, holding my arms back.

But this wasn’t such a brilliant idea, because then they sent two guys over to help control me.

Derek shot me an apologetic look, and I exchanged it for a scowl.

“Look, Dad, I’m sure we can work something out.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, you should let these two out.”

“Why would I do that, son?”

“Because one of them saved my life.  And I won’t let you kill her!”

The man looked shocked.  “Kill her?  What are you talking about, Derek?”

“I mean you’re not going to hurt her.”

“Derek, we won’t harm anyone.  Well, except maybe that one,” He said, pointing at Lisa, as if she were just a cow for slaughter.

And somehow, I hated him even more than I already did.

“Why?  Why does she need to die?”

“She knows.  You know this has to remain a top secret operation.”

“But she didn’t do anything.”

“Yet.”

Derek was getting mad, and I was getting confused, when all of a sudden, the man I least expected to see came in.

“Daddy,” Fate asked weakly.

But he wouldn’t look at us.  So the man that I hated more than anything filled the silence for him and spoke to her.

“Your Daddy just sold your soul, Sweetie.”

[A/N: So I know this is short, but I owe you guys an update, and I lost the chapter I had written before because my computer is stupid, and my friends like this book and keep bothering me about it.  The next chapter will have explanations, but do you guys have any guesses as to what exactly is going on?]