Chapter 3.

After that, really, time flew a bit. We went to the swings a lot, but then something.. changed. He became more and more like his dad, and less and less his own person. It, quite frankly, made me nervous. His dad wasn't the, er, kindest person.

And that's where I am right now.

"X!" Four yelled across the halls.

"Yeeeeah," I chirped, walking towards his room. (A.N. ;) and I just realized I've been spelling "towards" wrong what)

I walked in the room, and the first thing I notice is four had some other numbers with him. 6 and 8, I believe.

I looked Four in the eyes and cocked my head slightly.

He screached.

That was the first time in years he'd done it to me, and it was only when I asked to know how it felt.

But when I fell backward and hit the wooden floor, I truly realized how much that hurt.

The numbers laughed. "Serves him right for disrespecting you!" I heard 6 yell. A "Yeah," from the other number.

But what I found the most curious was fours eyes, they now had rings too it, like those hypnotism things he'd seen before. However, that was only one eh, the other pupils was shorter, dialating.
It made me nauseous.

"Hey Four! Try out that new laser beam on him!"

I just stood, well, sat really, in shock.

He wouldn't-

He did.

It felt like dying. Was I dying? I couldn't tell. I saw black dots almost instantly. They clouded my vision. I could distinctly feel I was crying.

Then a flash of white.

Then everything turned blue.

If you were killed by a number, the number who killed you can decide if you live or not. When your in the middle, your sort of in their conscious, so to speak.

I knew I'd never forget this.

"Four?" My voice sounded.. disconnected? It's as if someone else was saying it in my voice.

I heard an, "I'm sorry," before I drifted back to consciousness.

A.N.

hey remember when i said I'd take a break and something about oneshots??

screw that.

i just had a surge of inspiration hh