Chapter 5.

A.N. I JUST REALIZED ALL MY CHAPTERS ARE SHORT

I went outside early. I was a morning person, going out at 6 am was fine. I had a bracelet Four had given me to always wear, so I did.

"To fend off people from hurting you outside." He claimed.

I made my way to my favorite park (it had the coolest swings), and began to swing. I began to smile a bit.

Someone walked over and I waved. It was that number from "the day." 8,was it?

He just stared at the bracelet on my arm.

I looked away. He was intimidating.

"Where is Four?" He asked.

I thought about it for a minute. "I think he's asleep in his room right now, at this time."

"Then  you're outside alone, right?" He asked slowly.

I starting swinging harder.

"Yep."

He told me to get off the swing.

"No."

He said it again. I said "No."

He started approaching the swing.

I kicked him in the face.

Well shit.

He walked away. I realized something. He'd probably tell Four, right?

Four doesn't quite know about me going outside at this hour.

I hid in a tree.

"Hi," someone said, which almost made me fall off said tree.

"Hi." I responded.

She said her name was V, and she was like me. Cool.

"Why are you in a tree?" I asked.

Why are you?"

"I asked you-" I started before she shushed me.

"Fours here."

Four looked around, then looked at the tree I was in. Could he see me?

I guess he could, because the next minute, me and V were out of the tree on the ground. I looked down and nervously played with my fingers.

I could feel Fours annoyance at me.

"Did you kick him?" I nodded.

"Why?"

"He, uh, went to close to my swing.?" That was half of it, I guess.

He nodded. Any other reason.

"Nuh - uh." I said, shaking my head. I wouldn't have kicked him anywhere else, because I wouldn't have been able to get away with it. I also just strongly dislike Eight. Almost hate him.

I looked over to V, who was shaking in what I could assume was fear. I scooted closer and held her arm comfortingly. She glanced up and smiled a thanks.

Four only got more annoyed.

He grabbed me and walked away briskly. I waved a "goodbye" at her and she waved back shyly.

We went inside and into Fours office. He sat me down next to him and I watched nervously as Eight entered the room.

"But shouldn't you punish him?"

"He did nothing wrong."

Eight seemed more annoyed. "Why do you even keep him around? He's useless! All he does is disobey you! I bet ya he's rarely around you half the time!"

Four growled out, "Leave."

And so Eight did.

Four stared at me. "Do you know what that bracelet does?" He asked calmly.

I nodded a yes, saying nervously,  "Doesn't it make people not hurt me?"

"Yes," Four started, that and I can read your thoughts. Even in my sleep."

I started thinking about dolphins. "Oh cool! What am I thinking about now??" I said excitedly.

Four faceplamed. I laughed.

I wonder how annoying this is?

"Oh, it's very annoying." Four muttered, which caused me to laugh harder.

You see, I snort when I laugh hard so this isn't quite helping my "I'm awkward" persona quite well, is it?

He laughed.

I love it when he laughs.

A.N.

Yes, in the next episode more things will happen. I like uploading two chapters because my chapters are often hella short and yeah.