Oneshot #5: Cuddles At Midnight

All of the characters belong to Aphmau on YouTube. This takes place after MyStreet Season 6: When Angels Fall, and is in no way canon to the original story. Enjoy the oneshot!
-
Nana tossed and turned. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get to sleep. It wasn't that her bed was uncomfortable, just that Zane wasn't in it with her. Her heart skipped a beat at the thought that she'd gotten used to sleeping with him at her side. Nana knew he was probably still awake playing video games, and she debated texting him to ask if she can come over. Is that too needy? She pondered, not wanting to disturb him. No, I'll just text him. If he doesn't respond, I'll go back to bed.
Nana got out her phone, and sent Zane a message in the dark.
(12:08 AM) Hey, Zane.. can I come over?
Nana waited a few minutes and jumped at the sound of her phone vibrating. She grabbed it eagerly, and read his response.
(12:11 AM) Hey Nana. Yeah, what's up? Is everything okay?
She smiled to herself. Zane was so caring, and he only wanted the best for her. There wasn't a better boyfriend in her eyes. Snapping herself from her daydreams, Nana began to type a response.
(12:13 AM) Yeah, everything's fine! I just can't sleep alone.. >//<
Nana giggled at her own embarrassment, careful to not raise her voice. Katelyn was still asleep in the other room, snoring softly. Travis was curled up at her side when Nana began to tiptoe down the steps, praying they wouldn't creak. She got out her jacket and put it on before disappearing into the night, in search of Zane Ro'Meave's house on the block.
...
Knock knock. Nana knocked on the door, her breath forming clouds of air from the autumn chill. The sound of footsteps signaled that somebody was coming to answer the door, and the Meif'wa fixed her hair quickly before being face to face with her boyfriend.
"You look.. cute," Zane muttered, noting her pajamas underneath her coat.
Nana blushed slightly, before stepping inside of the house and taking off her shoes. Zane beckoned her upstairs, and grabbed her hand in an attempt to heat it up from the cold.
"Zane..~" Nana whined, her boyfriend pulling her into his bed and underneath his blankets.
"You don't have to," She murmured. Zane just looked at her, puzzled.
"But you need to sleep Nana. If this helps you sleep, then I'm willing to do it. Besides, it gives me an excuse to cuddle you in bed.." Zane trailed off, turning over to spoon her. Nana kissed his cheek, and watched as it heated up from his embarrassment. She chuckled, and Zane grumbled, before shushing her to go to sleep.
Despite his orders, Nana stayed awake, playing with his hair as he fell asleep. Zane began snoring softly, and Nana smiled at how cute it was. The opposite of what I would've thought..
The couple stayed that way, happily, until the morning sunlight peeked its way through the blinds of the window.
-
Thank you for reading! I love you all! 💕 (Thanks for 80+ Reads, that's insane!) I'm glad you guys are enjoying the book so far.