Oneshot #15: Block Parties and Babies

The characters featured in this fanfic all belong to Aphmau on YouTube. This is a headcanon regarding the Zane~Chan ship which is in no way canon to the original plot line. Thank you, and enjoy! 💖
-
The MyStreet block party was in full swing.
Aphmau had planned this for months, making sure that every caterer and party-goer would attend.
"I can't wait for the ships to get here!" Aphmau squealed to Aaron, who was pouring ice into a cooler. "Ships?" Aaron asked, rolling his eyes. "Babe, you haven't shipped since.. well, Starlight Wonderland," He reminded her, watching as their daughter Alena toddled over to them. "Momma, hungry!" Alena cried, reaching up for her mother. Aphmau sighed.
"I've got to take care of her real fast," The werewolf female said, smiling at her husband. "Can you welcome the guests? It's almost arrival time."
Aaron nodded his head, and before he knew it, people started flowing in.
-
"Nana, you shouldn't drink that much soda. You'll get sick," Zane scolded, as his wife downed another can of Poopsi. "That's what block parties are for. Getting sick," Nana shrugged, crushing her can and throwing it into a nearby recycling bin. Zane just chuckled.

Suddenly, Katelyn and Travis approached the couple with their child. Trevor was just learning how to walk - Katelyn had insisted they tried to develop him early rather than waiting - so Travis was carrying the little boy in fear of him falling on the concrete and getting hurt. Travis and Katelyn greeted Kawaii~Chan and Zane, smiling.
"Hey, Zane!" Travis called as they approached the black haired male and his wife. "Travis!" Zane's fake enthusiasm was visible, but a punch in the arm from Nana made him shift his focus to the baby in Travis's arms instead. "Trevor got no sleep last night. I'm seriously exhausted," Travis sighed exasperatedly. Katelyn gave a hug to Kawaii~Chan before fixing her sons bib that was hanging loosely around his neck. "Oh don't complain," Katelyn hushed, masking a 'tsk' noise with her tongue, "He's not that difficult to calm down."
As if to prove her wrong, Trevor started crying, kicking his feet. Kawaii~Chan looked sympathetically at Katelyn and Travis, who just shook their heads. "We'll see you later, okay? We've got to go take care of this little guy," Travis waved, walking away, "Come on Blueberry."
"I told you not to call me that!"
-
"So, when are you guys going to start a family? Times a' wasting!" Aphmau pressed, as Zane eyed his wife nervously. "We told you. We're not sure if we're ready for that yet.." Zane trailed off, and Nana shifted her weight between her feet uncomfortably. "I mean, maybe sometime soon.." She murmured, just loud enough for Zane to hear. Zane stiffened, face flushing from underneath his mask. Aphmau cocked her head at the couple, eyeing them suspiciously. "Well something just happened, considering Zane just got a huge blood rush to his face," She laughed, poking her best friend in the arm. Zane chuckled nervously, but the thought wouldn't leave his mind. Nana is ready for a family? We just had the pregnancy scare three months ago..
Nana grabbed Zane's hand, peeling him from his thoughts. "Well, it's been fun Aphmau~Senpai, but I think it's just about time Zane and I should leave.." The Meif'wa smiled, squeezing Zane's hand reassuringly. Before they were able to walk away, however, Zane got tackled in a hug.
"Baby Brother!" Garroth squeezed Zane tightly in an embrace, causing Zane to squeak from the lack of oxygen. "Garroth, too tight! Let go!" Zane yelled, pushing his brother off of him. "Oh, and it's Kawaii~Chan! My sister-in-law!" Garroth giggled, smiling like a maniac. Laurence, Garroth's boyfriend, was snickering at Zane's discomfort. "Gar-Gar, let 'em be. Let's just talk to them instead," Laurence suggested softly. Garroth shrugged.
"So, how've things been Zuzu? It feels like I haven't seen you two in forever!" Garroth cried, swinging an arm loosely around Laurence. Zane growled, about to snap back at him from the use of his pet name, but Nana stopped him. "Zane, be nice. He's your brother," The Meif'wa chided, clinging onto her husbands arm. Zane took a deep breath before responding. "Sorry. It's been fine. Our apartments pretty nice, and the honeymoon was great," The black haired male responded. Garroth giggled, "So? When am I going to be an uncle? You guys have to have done it by now, right? When will there be another chick in the nest? A bear in the den?" The blonde poked, eyeing Zane teasingly. Nana answered for him.
"Oh, well we were thinking sometime soon. We'd still have to talk about it, of course.." Nana hinted, once again squeezing Zane's hand. Zane nodded understandingly at her.
"Well, we've got to go make out now Garroth, so we'll see you later. Bye Laurence!" Zane joked, snickering as the couple walked away from the conversation.
-
When they arrived from walking home, Nana beckoned Zane to sit on the couch next to her.
"Look.. I know it's sudden. But I'm ready now. I've seen the other girls having their kids and I can't help but wonder what'd be like if we had one of our own. Can we.. take that step, Zane?" Nana let the words tumble out her mouth, and Zane blushed, a smile cracking at his lips. "Y-You know, I think I'm ready too. I want to be a father," He answered, kissing his wife softly on the lips. "Mm," Nana murmured into the kiss, pulling him closer. "I love you.."
Zane felt his heart skip a beat, and he grinned. "I love you more."
-
Fuehuehue! Babies. Yes, babies!
I've hinted at it for a while now and I teased y'all with the pregnancy chapter, but here we are making it official! The Zane~Chan children are a coming ladies and gents, non-binary friends! Here we start our journey of insane parenting. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come. I love you all! Bye for now! ❤️