Oneshot #14: Visiting Tu'La

The characters featured in this fan fiction do not belong to me. All of the rights for them go to Aphmau on YouTube. The following is not canon to the original story, simply my headcanon on what I believe the developments in the Zane~Chan relationship may be in the future. Enjoy!
...
Zane and Nana were sitting on the couch enjoying each other's company. After the pregnancy scare, the couple was more than happy to just cuddle and relax; so much to the point that Nana had started getting antsy. That's when she got an idea.
"Zane, we should visit my family in Tu'La!" The Meif'wa exclaimed, shaking her husbands arm. Zane groaned audibly. "Don't you remember? They don't exactly love me Nana!" He reminded her, rejecting her idea. Nana pouted for a moment, before removing Zane's arm from her shoulders to get up off the couch. Zane whimpered at the loss of her warmth.
"Okay Mr. Grumpy. Get ready, were leaving for my family home in an hour," Nana concluded, crossing her arms defiantly. Zane moaned in annoyance at her final decision. There is no arguing with her, is there?
...
"Nana! Sweetie it's so good to see you and—" Nana's mother looked at Zane, confused for a moment. "Oh my goodness! My apologies Zane, I almost didn't recognize you in casual attire!" The older Meif'wa exclaimed, waving her hand apologetically. Zane assured her it was fine; after all, he'd been wearing a suit when he asked for her blessing to marry Nana.
As the couple went inside the house, Zane laughed as Nana was tackled by her eleven siblings in hugs and kisses.
"Nana! Nana, I've been baking! Look! Look!" A little female Meif'wa eagerly held up her easy bake oven toy. "That's wonderful, Kyuu! I'm sure it's amazing!"
Zane stood awkwardly, watching close by as Nana greeted her siblings. They must've healed their relationship since the wedding, Zane thought, I'm happy she feels welcome at home now. "Nana, who's this dude?" A little boy Meif'wa asked, pulling at Zane's shirt. Zane stiffened, before relaxing when Nana grabbed his hand reassuringly.
"This is Zane, remember? He's my husband, Juu," Nana reminded her younger brother, who nodded his head. "Ooh! I remember now! Hi, Zane!" Juu exclaimed, hugging Zane's waist. "Hello, Juu," Zane said, getting down to the eight-year-old's level. "You play hockey, right? Nana's told me how good you are."
Juu beamed up at Zane, revealing his missing front tooth. "Yeah! I lost this baby tooth while I was playing! I got lots of money from it!" Suddenly, an older sibling put a hand on Juu's shoulder. Zane got up from crouching to greet them. Oh, it's Roku. "Hello, Zane," Roku smiled, shaking his hand. "It's good to see you again. Sorry these little guys are bothering you," Roku apologized, and Nana gave her sister a bear hug. "Zane, Roku was the one who supported my baking when none of my siblings really did. She's three years older than me!" Nana exclaimed, smiling.
She's cute when she's excited, Zane thought, his face heating up.
"Nana, Zane! Please join us for dinner, won't you?" Mrs. Shida called, her voice ringing through the large house. "We're coming, Mama!" Nana responded, kissing Zane on the cheek. "Don't worry, okay? It'll be fine. Just be yourself," The Meif'wa said, soothing Zane's fears.
...
"Hachi! You better eat that broccoli!" Nana's mother threatened, as Hachi, Nana's younger sister, picked at her food. Zane and Nana snickered, to which Hachi sulked. "Hey! I just don't like it, okay?" The younger girl responded to their laughing, and Zane just smiled. "It's okay, Hachi. I didn't like it when I was younger either. It's at least worth a try, though," Zane cooed, to Nana's surprise.
"When did you get so good with kids?" She whispered, nudging Zane's hand under the table as the family talked. "'Dunno, honestly. Probably babysitting Alena."
A ring was heard at the doorbell suddenly. A little gasp was let out from the other side of the table. "Mommy! It's Shi! She's here! Is San with her? Is he? Is he?" Juu asked, jumping up from his chair. "I'm not sure, JuJu, why don't you go check?" Mrs. Shida asked her son, who rushed to the door.
"Hey, it's little Juu! How're you baby brother?" San asked from the other room, and Shi joined in the greeting. "How's the hockey coming?" Shi asked, to which Juu blabbered on about his baby tooth once more.
Baby brother? Huh. Guess our households are sort of similar. Zane wasn't sure why, but he'd expected Nana's family to be different from his. A lot more.. unfriendly? Yet despite his original thoughts, he found it to be the opposite. Nana must've been outcasted from that love when she was younger. No wonder she tried to stand out.. at least she's included now.
...
After dinner, Zane and Nana said their goodbyes. Nana pressed a kiss to Zane's lips as a silent 'thank you,' of sorts before leaving, to which a toddler Zane hadn't seen stumbled down the steps towards the door. "Oh, it's Juichi," Nana said, surprised she hadn't seen the boy sooner. "Juichi, it's Nana. How was your nap?" She asked, as the toddler yawned and rubbed his eyes. Zane felt his heart melt at how cute it was. Even I have to admit, that's one of the cutest kids I've ever seen, Zane thought, as he looked down at the little boy. "Hi, Juichi, I'm Zane. I'm married to your sister," He cooed, and the little Meif'wa grabbed Zane's pants before looking up at him. "Zwane?" Juichi repeated, smiling innocently. "Yeah. It was nice to meet you!" Zane smiled back, before waving to the rest of Nana's siblings. He grabbed his car keys and headed for their car, to which Nana followed him.
...
"Nana, why wasn't your dad there?" Zane asked, as he climbed into bed next to his wife. "Huh?" Nana responded, not hearing Zane correctly. "Your father. He wasn't there," Zane repeated, running circles on her back with his thumbs. Nana sighed.
"S-Sorry, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, it's just I met him before and-" Zane was cut off by Nana, who pecked his lips. "Shh. I know. It's okay; he just goes on a lot of business trips, that's all. He's been on one all month," The Meif'wa girl responded, curling her tail around her legs in slight dissatisfaction. Zane noticed her disappointment, and turned her to face him. "Hey," Zane started, looking into his lovers eyes. "Don't get caught up on it. It's okay; I'm kind of scared of him anyway!" The raven haired male joked, smirking at her goofily. "Shut up, would you? I'm trying to sleep," Nana laughed, fake closing her eyes to tease him. "No can do, Miss Chan. I'm afraid you have an important business meeting tomorrow you can't miss, I mustn't let you sleep in late," Zane mocked his former teachings of manners back on the old street. Memories flooded over Nana and she giggled before responding. "But Mr. Zane, I've already had two this week! Can't Mr. Zane make a rain check?" She laughed, louder this time. Zane smirked; he had a perfect response.
"No Miss Chan; it's not the kind of business meeting your used to, it's a different kind of business.." Zane whispered huskily into her ear. Nana squealed and pushed him away. "N-No! Zane~Senpai!" She mocked her former voice as Kawaii~Chan, to which Zane just sighed, chuckling. "I think I like Nana better than Miss Chan or Kawaii~Chan. You're happiest when you're Nana."
"Goodnight, you emo."
"'Night kitten."
...
That was sappy.
And adorable.
I love these two way to much— 💖
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check out my new A-Z Aphmau Oneshot Book! The first chapter is up! (I'll give you a hint— it's a 4,000+ word Travlyn A-Z Oneshot full of fluff and other things!)