Oneshot #23: Another One

This fanfiction takes place after MyStreet Season 6: When Angels Fall. It is in no way canon to the original story. All characters belong to Aphmau on YouTube, please support the original creator. Thanks!
(Please note: there has been a slight time jump. Calvin has just learned to walk and say some words.)
-
"How are my two favorite munchkins today?" Zane teased, his keys jingling as he walked through the door. Nana rolled her eyes, and greeted her husband, kissing his cheek.
"Since when have you ever called us munchkins?" She laughed, and Zane shrugged. He was in a good mood today.
"Calvin, Daddy is home!" Nana called, and Zane heard tiny footsteps from the playroom, making an uncontrollable and uncharacteristic smile spread across the man's face.
"Dad-dee!" Calvin giggled, reaching his arms up at Zane. Zane bent down to pick up his son, hoisting him onto his shoulders. Nana watched with hesitance.
"Z-Zane! Don't drop him," She hissed. Zane laughed at her cautiousness.
"I'm careful."
...
"What'd you guys do today?" Zane asked, watching as Calvin gobbled down his mashed potatoes.
"Nothing really," Nana shrugged, "Did some thinking. This little one was all over the place. He's gotten so big."
Zane noted the happiness in Nana's eyes, yet she also seemed almost upset.
"What were you thinking about?"
Zane didn't want her to worry about anything. Sure, Starlight had taken a toll on both of them, but it's been a while since then..
"Family."
Zane swallowed his food and gazed at his wife. Her hands were gripping the hem of her dress, biting her lip as if she was uncertain.
"Something's wrong," Zane stated, making Nana shake her head profusely.
"N-No! It's fine, forget about it," She waves her hand dismissively. Zane cocked an eyebrow.
"You're not like this unless something is on your mind. Spill, Nana."
Nana got up from her chair and wiped Calvin's mouth. She placed him on the floor before approaching her husband, pulling him in for a quick kiss on the cheek.
"I'm fine. We can talk about it later."
Zane grumbled at her stubbornness.
...
"It's later, Nana. Tell me what's on your mind," Zane pressed, resting his arm around Nana's shoulders. Calvin was asleep; it was just the two of them.
"Well.. the house just.. it feels so quiet, you know?"
Zane felt his breath hitch in his throat.
"What do you mean?" He whispered, biting his lip awkwardly.
"Zane.. I-I.. I think I want another child."
Zane sat stunned at Nana's words. Of course, it was only natural; Zane wasn't home much anymore because of his job, and Nana was a Meif'wa so children are inevitable.
"W-Well, we have the guest bedroom. We could.." Zane trailed off, the thought of them with another baby flashing through his mind like lightning.
"If you're ready, Kitten, I'm ready," Zane breathed, feeling his heartbeat quicken as a bright smile spread across her face.
"R-Really? You mean it?" Nana exclaimed, happy tears in her eyes.
"I love you, Nana. I'd climb mountains for you. If you want more family, then I do too."
"Thank you," Nana whispered, giving Zane a kiss. Zane accepted, melting underneath her touch.
"Heh.."
-
LOOK— I haven't been here for a while. I'm sorry ^^; I've just had a bad case of writers block regarding this chapter. I hope you guys still enjoyed somewhat.💓 Thank you SO SO MUCH for 5k reads!!