Oneshot #18: Nursery Shopping Escapades

None of the characters featured in this fan fiction belong to me. They all belong to Aphmau on YouTube. This takes place years after her MyStreet S6 series. This is in no way canon to the original story. Thank you!
-
Nana's phone buzzed letting her know that a call was coming through. She reached over - as much as her pregnant belly would allow - to pick it up when she read the caller ID.
"Katelyn?" The Meif'wa said aloud. "But I thought we weren't going out until Sunday.."
Nana jolted up in surprise once she realized it was Sunday.
Zane was shook awake by his partner who was frantically trying to get dressed and fix her hair. Zane shrugged, throwing on a shirt and pants carelessly.
"Babe, it's just our friends."
"So? I want to look nice! I have a pregnancy glow!"
Zane chuckled, grabbing his car keys before ushering her out of the bedroom.
"Come on, we'll be late. I'm sure they're expecting us by now," Zane said, locking the door behind him before proceeding to help his pregnant wife into the car.
"You're lucky I love you, or else I would've just punched you in the face for rushing me," Nana pouted, rolling down the car window as Zane put the key into the ignition.
"You sound like Katelyn," Zane smirked, pulling out of their driveway.
Nana growled; the pregnancy hormones were giving her serious mood swings again.
...
"Aphmau!"
"Kawaii~Chan!"
"Katelyn!"
Aphmau and Katelyn ran to embrace Kawaii~Chan, who was having trouble keeping up with her pregnant belly to begin with.
"How's the pregnant life? Zane isn't giving you trouble, I hope?" Katelyn clenched a first, half-jokingly. Aphmau giggled in response, shaking her head.
"No, I know Zane. If anything he's being super overprotective," The werewolf explained, and Nana nodded her head in agreement. "Way~ too protective!" She sang, beckoning the girls out of the parking lot and into the nursery store.
Zane, Aaron, and Travis were left with the bags and children.
"Zane, you okay dude? You've been spacing out a lot," Aaron asked, waving a hand in front of the tired male's face. "I'm fine," Zane sighed, "Just really tired. Kawaii~Chan has a lot of mood swings."
Travis agreed, nodding his head. "I know what those can be like."
The toddlers in the strollers they were pushing cooed playfully at each other, reaching out their hands in attempt to touch one another. "Look at that! They're almost a year and a half apart yet they're still becoming friends!" Travis laughed. "My son is quite the ladies man already!"
Aaron growled under his breath quietly, before looking up to see Garroth and Laurence. Their engagement rings were gleaming on their ring fingers; Garroth's hand was intertwined with Laurence's. A light blush was painted across their cheeks.
"How's the engaged life?" Zane joked, and Garroth smirked. "Good to see you too," He responded, chuckling.
"Come on you guys, we need to go and find the girls before we lose them in this giant ass baby store," Travis cut them off, pushing his son through the aisles. "Congratulations, by the way." Aaron repeated Travis with a simple "Congrats," before following the white haired male.
Garroth and Laurence thanked them, looking around at the cute toys and clothing for toddlers. Zane was the first to locate his wife, who was checking out a baby crib.
"Zane? Is that you?" Kawaii~Chan peeked her head out from the racks of baby clothes. "Yeah, it's me. Did you find something?"
Kawaii~Chan grinned, motioning to the hot pink crib that was in the middle of the showcasing floor. Zane sighed, laughing quietly to himself.
"Of course you would pick that one.."
The couple walked up to it and checked he price tag. Zane approved, but insisted they looked around for other options first.
"Why not just go with a neutral color, like gray?" Zane referenced the light gray crib a few previews down. "It's a simple color and it goes with a lot of things."
Kawaii~Chan shoved him playfully. "Come on Mr. Edgelord, let's go with something more colorful!" Zane's laughter rang through her ears like music, and Kawaii~Chan felt herself sigh heavenly. "You're so amazing," She said, half unconsciously, as Zane fixed the collar of his shirt. "Amazing how? What did I do?" Zane responded, smiling.
"Just being yourself is amazing. And adorable. And hot."
Zane blushed slightly at those words, but he instead took her hand to lead her towards the rest of the group.
...
"Aph! Look at how cute this dress is! Alena would look so adorable in this!" Katelyn called, prancing over with a purple lace trimmed dress in hand. "Blech!" Alena exclaimed from her stroller, crossing her arms defiantly. "No. No!" She cried, and Aaron shushed her, handing his daughter a stuffed animal from the back of the stroller.
"Sorry," Aphmau apologized, before grabbing a tiny tuxedo. "This would look so cute on Trevor! Could you imagine? The little ladies man taking his girl to the prom? Ahh!" She squealed. Katelyn agreed, checking the tag on the tux before throwing it into her cart.
...
"Hmm.. when do you think we'll have kids Garroth?" Laurence asked innocently, staring up at his fiancé's eyes. "W-What? You mean like, adopt?" Garroth stammered, looking at Laurence's innocent expression awkwardly.
"Mhm," Laurence hummed, "But like.. maybe we could have a surrogate. I 'dunno."
Garroth's heart melted at the thought of Laurence wanting a family with him. The smaller brunette picked through the baby bottles and bibs, occasionally commenting on how adorable they were.
Garroth's stomach did flips as Laurence leaned up to kiss his cheek, smiling. "I love you!" He chirped, and the taller males cheeks heated up with embarrassment.
"I.. I love you too.."
...
The trip was successful, overall. Zane and Kawaii~Chan ended up agreeing on a white crib with gray and pink bedding after a lot of compromising. Aphmau and Aaron eventually found something their daughter wanted to wear, which ended up being a princess dress from the Disney section. Katelyn and Travis purchased a little tuxedo and dress shoes for their son, who cooed happily when they tried it on him in the dressing room. And finally, Garroth and Laurence returned with new excitement for their lives together.
It was successful, and peaceful.
..
Until Nana felt her water break.
-
IM SORRY! I had to;; it was too perfect. Anyways, the next chapter is going to be the hospital, so stay tuned for that one! I hope you enjoyed reading, I'm getting ready to end this book soon after a few more chapters, so please let me know if you want me to continue! (^o^) I love you all!!