Oneshot #20: Settling In

The following characters do not belong to me; they all belong to Aphmau on YouTube. This fan fiction takes place after MyStreet Season 6: When Angels Fall, But is in no way canon to the original story. Please support the original creator. Thank you!
-
"Shh," Nana soothed, as Calvin fussed in his baby carrier. Zane brought their bags from the hospital inside the house, being careful not to accidentally bump Calvin's carrier.
When they unlocked the door, Nana's face lit up into a smile. Zane felt butterflies in his chest.
"Irene, I think I'm falling in love with you all over again," He whispered. Nana blushed, turning to their son and kissing his forehead tenderly. Her eyes starting watering from the immense surrealism of the situation.
"Welcome home, Calvin!" She said quietly, happy tears threatening to roll down her cheeks. Zane cupped Nana's cheek in his hand, wiping her eyes. He leaned in for a kiss.
They're lips were pressing against each other lovingly, Zane's hands finding their way to her hips. Nana was the first to pull away, however, to Zane's slight disappointment.
"Okay, Zuzu, calm down. Maybe if you're lucky I'll give you cuddles tonight. But I'm still sore, so don't get any ideas," Nana teased, flicking Zane's nose before disappearing with her son up the stairs. Zane's mind was left racing; face red as a tomato.
...
"I'm a father," Zane murmured to himself, smiling in disbelief down at his newborn son. Calvin was kicking his legs aimlessly. The onesie Katelyn had purchased for them was fit snugly around the babies body. His pacifier was bobbing up and down as he suckled on it, matching his breathing.
Zane reached down into the crib to touch his sons belly. He tickled it gingerly with his fingers, chuckling to himself as a little smile spread across Calvin's face.
Nana was watching them from the doorway, unbeknownst to Zane. Her eyes were sparkling with love for the pair. My boys, she thought, as she tiptoed into the nursery, hugging Zane from behind. Zane jumped, but relaxed once he realized who it was. Nana buried her face into his sweater and breathed in his scent. Cologne, sugar, and freshly baked cupcakes. No matter what, it was always the same. Nana swore she couldn't get enough of it.
...
"Mm.." Nana whimpered at Zane's actions, as he left trails of kisses down her collarbone. "I told you not to.. get any ideas," She breathed, to which Zane laughed lowly. "I'm not hurting you, am I?" He whispered huskily in her ear. Nana shivered, covering his face with a pillow before he could continue.
"Don't be so sexy!" She exclaimed, her face flushing, "Or else!"
Zane chuckled into the pillow. He sat his chin atop it, smiling at his wife. "Or else what?"
"Or else I'll punch you!" Nana grumbled, her eyes looking down at the bedsheets.
"Your punches feel like Calvin's, Kitten."
"So? Maybe I've just never shown you my wrath!"
Zane snuggled into her, kissing her cheek. Nana mumbled something but obliged to his actions.
Suddenly, quiet crying was heard in the pop-up crib next to them.
"I'll get him.." Nana said, pulling her self tiredly from the bed to attend to her son. Calvin was fussing, his little hands curled into tiny fists as he thrashed about. Nana realized he had dropped his pacifier, and stuck it back into his mouth to which Calvin cooed gratefully.
Just when Nana thought everything was fine, a muffled whimper came from the baby.
Oh, Irene, this is going to be a long night.
-
Poor Nana ;) How is she going to manage taking care of her son and her husband? Haha, I'm just joking; Zane is good dad. He'll help out.
I hope.
Thank you all for reading!! The support is gratefully appreciated!! I love you all, see you next time! 💗