Chapter 16

-Third's Pov-

Running.

That's all Kuro was doing.

He ran down the halls as fast as he could while Erika followed close from behind calling out to him.

Erika: Kuro! Kuro wait!

Kuro: Shouta!!!

He continued to ignore Erika's pleads for him to stop as he made his way towards the faculty room.

He slides the door open to look for his friend.

Kuro: Shouta-!

Erika manages to catch up to him but stops in her tracks when her eyes gazed into same direction where Kuro was staring vacantly at.

There was blood everywhere in the room.

Kuro: Shouta...are you alright?

Both him and Erika walked into the room to search for the missing boy. The girl could've swore the boy seemed desperate to find Shouta.

Suddenly, a odious smell hit their noses.

Kuro peered behind one of the desks and his pupils went wide in terror.

Kuro: No...No...

Why...?

Why did it have to come to this...?

A body was discovered on the ground and the victim had a deep cut from his neck with blood coming down onto the uniform he wore. The look on his expression show fear and dread.

The knot in Kuro's stomach took a disdainful turn when he knew exactly the who the victim was...

It was Shouta...

Kuro: Shou...ta...? No...No...

Erika: Kuro...?

Tears pour down the boy's eyes as he took ahold of Shouta's corpse and hold it aganist his chest.

He desperately looked for a heart beat. Pulse. Anything.

There was none...

It was confirmed...His best friend was dead...

Kuro: Shouta...No...No...Please...Not him!!! Why him!!!

Erika: K-Kuro?!

Kuro: Give him back! Please! Give him back! He can't be dead! Shoutaaaaa!!!!

Erika watched as Kuro broke down on the corpse mourning Shouta.

Even though Erika didn't like Shouta because of his perverted attitude towards women.

But now...

Why does her heart hurt watching the boy she hardly knew cry over his friend.

Erika: Kuro...I-I'm sorry...about Shouta...

Kuro:....(Shouta...Who could've done this to you? Why...Why did you have to die?!! It's not fair!!!)

He wanted Mei to bring him back.

He wanted someone to do something...

He felt powerless...weak...

There was nothing...he could do...

Kuro: (Where did I go wrong? I lost my only friend who understands me... If only I was here sooner...no...If I didn't leave him in the faculty room all by himself...Shouta would've still been alive...)

Kuro let out all his emotions...

His pain...

His misery...

He let it all out while holding Shouta close to him while Erika watches with guilt...

Shouta...didn't deserve to die...

Creeeeak

Both students heard a sound of door creaking and turned their heads to see a familiar teacher coming inside looking concern.

Teacher: Children? Are you alright?

Erika: M-Miss Kirishima?

-???'s Pov-

....Why do the good die and the cruel live?