Chapter 24

-Third's Pov-

Tokime stood onstage looking down at his fellow classmates with a peculiar look. Something that only Kuro catches but doesn't say anything.

Yamada: Oi Shinozaki. There you are!

Erika: We were looking for you!

Tokime: Y-You guys were looking for me?

Kuro:...Yes.

Tokime: ...Why?

Kuro: It's about Mei...

The peculiar look on his face became a look of unease and foreboding anxiety. Almost like as if someone had accused him of something he didn't do but no one was accusing him of anything.

But the lack of communication he was giving now strike the group of giving him odd looks.

Kuro: Class President? Are you alright?

Tokime: Why...Why are you speaking about her? We shouldn't speak about the dead one!

Yamada: Dude! Calm down!

Kuro: Everything will be alright once we appease her.

Tokime: And then what? Do you think that will work?! What if it doesn't?!!

Erika: We can't be too sure but it's the only chance we got if we want to survive.

Tokime:....What's the point. We're all going to die anyway.

Kuro rolled his eyes. He was tired of everyone negative outputs. Especially if it based on Mei. He didn't want Shinozaki to think that's what their fates will be as well.

Tokime:...So is there anyone in our classroom...dead?

Kuro:...I'm afraid so...

Yamada: Konami-chan...

Erika: Maki...

Kuro:...Shouta...and a few others

He remembers seeing so many dead students in classrooms and bathrooms.

So many...

Dead...

Students...

Tokime:.....I see....

Tokime gets off the stage and walk towards the group.

Tokime: On behalf of everyone's well-being. As class president, I humbly apologize for not being able to step up and helping. I was too busy worrying about my own well-being instead of doing whatever I can in my position for assistance.

Kuro: Shinozaki. It's not your fault.

Tokime: But it is my fault!

He had a look of frustration onhis face. It almost looked like he was pressuring himself for something he did wrong.

Tokime: When Aishiteru-san was bullied. I did nothing. I was scared. I felt like I would've did something. I would end up getting the same treatment. So I decided not to do anything and let her deal with it. Even...Even when she asked for help...I still didn't do nothing...When she went missing...I begin to regret everything...

Kuro:....

Erika:....

Yamada:....

Tokime: Aishiteru-san...I'm so sorry...I'm a coward...I'm pathetic...I should just die...Some class president I am...Not being to able to help out a fellow student even when she needed me the most.

Yamada: Hey... Don't say that dude. We're all guilty...It ain't just you.

Erika: Yeah...

Kuro: (Oh now they admit it?!) True. We all are. Now we need to find Mei's last two body parts and appease her. Shinozaki-kun. Come with us. Helping us help her is what she would've wanted...

Tokime:....Yes. You're right...

Sometime later, the group find themselves back in the library and Nora-san was still inside.

Nora: There you are...Wait. Who are these people and where is Shouta-kun at?

Kuro:.....There's a lot to talk about.

-Later-

Nora:...I see...I'm sorry for what happened to Shouta-kun. Kuro-san, I can assure you, it isn't your fault. As humans, we cannot control another actions and definitely can't predict of what was about to come.

Kuro: But still...If I didn't leave him in the faculty room all by himself...He would definitely be alive....

Nora:....

Erika: Anyway. So we still trying to look for Mei's body parts. We found four already. So two more to go. Her legs and her head.

Yamada: And we're still stuck on who killed her.

Kuro looks at Nora-san for answers.

Kuro: Do you have any theories of who could have killed her?

Nora: Well...I do have one theory. If Doctor Koutarou claims that Mei was killed by a female. It could possible chance be a student or a teacher. Do you kids know who was with Mei after school.

Kuro: Other than Koutarou-Sensei...No...But he couldn't have done it...He's Mei's uncle.

Erika: Or maybe he could be saying that just to throw us off his case. It's still possible he could had an affair with her...

Kuro: Maybe...

Tokime:...

Kuro: Wait a minute... Shinozaki-kun...

Tokime: Ah. Yes.

Kuro: As your position as class president. Don't you usually help other with things after school.

Tokime: Uh. Yes. Why?

But then he realized what Kuro was talking about as all eyes were on him.

Tokime: W-Why are you guys looking at me?

Yamada: Dude. Do you know who could've killed Mei?

Tokime: N-No! Of course not!

Nora: Were you aware Mei-san was still here after school before she vanished.

Tokime: N-No!

Erika: LIAR! You said you always have after school activities because of your position as class president. You also said when Mei vanished...It was all your fault. But I can't help but wonder...Why do you say it's your fault...Unless...You know more than you're letting on.

Kuro: Please...Class President...Just tell us the truth...

Tokime:.....

Tokime felt like he pushed aganist the walls as everyone looks at him looking for conflicting information.

He couldn't take it anymore...

He was tired...

Lying was definitely going to get him nowhere...

He already was in trouble for his insecurities.

Tokime: Okay...I'll talk...I did see Aishiteru-san on the day she vanished after school...

Nora: Do you know who could've killed her...

Tokime:...I can't exactly say the name but....It was a teacher...