Chapter 20

-Third's Pov-

Kuro: Koutarou-Sensei...You saved us?!

Dr. Koutarou was holding a fire hydrant in his hand that he used to finish off the eyeless girl.

Koutarou: Let's go...

Erika: Where...

Kuro: The infirmary...I guess....

Erika: (Are you sure we should trust him...?)

Kuro:...(Got any better plans?)

Erika:.....

Kuro and Erika soon found theirselves  in the infirmary. When Koutarou-Sensei slides the door open...There was someone else already inside before them.

Kuro: Yamada?!

The blonde hair delinquent that runaway like hours ago was now in the infirmary sitting on one of the beds.

Yamada: Ha?! What?! Oh... It's you guys...

Erika gave him a glare...

Erika: You...

Yamada: Me what?

Erika walked over to him and slapped him across the face with made all the boys in the room jumped.

Yamada: Ow! What the hell was that for?!

Erika: That was for Konami-chan, you bastard.

Ryosuke puts on a sheepish look and cast his eyes down on the ground... totally feeling ashamed.

Kuro: Why Yamada...Why did you leave her to die?

Yamada:....It's complicated man...

Erika: How is it complicated, you were supposed to protect her you selfish asshole!

Yamada: Hah?! What did you say to me?!

Erika: You heard! You're a coward! Asshole! You're scum! You're just like every other delinquent! You only care about yourself!

Yamada: Tsk. Looking here! The pot calling the kettle black! If you and Maki weren't acting like self-absored bitches to Mei! Then maybe she still would be alive!

Kuro grew more irritated by their arguing. He could've swore Dr. Koutarou flinched at the mention of Mei...Maybe it was his imagination...he hoped.

Erika: Are you seriously bringing her up again! Last time I checked, you ditched her for Konami!

Yamada: Tch. Why do you care? You never cared about Mei before?! So why now?!

Erika:....B-Because... That's none of your business.

Yamada: Yeah right. I bet you have something to do with her disappearance don't you.

Erika: I should say the same for you!

Koutarou: Will you both please just stop! If we want to be able to get out of here alive. We need to work together.

Kuro sighs when the arguing ceased. It was obviously getting them nowhere. Pointing fingers at each other of who had an hand at Mei's death was getting them nowhere either.

He looks at the two to see their were still glaring at each other.

Kuro: Alright. Yamada. What happend to you when you left and how did you get here?

Yamada:...After Konami's death...

He tried to avoid Erika's evil glare.

Yamada: I was scared and didn't what to do so I decided to stay hidden somewhere. So I came here... Koutarou-Sensei was inside and he let me stay here.

Kuro: Alright...

But still...It was time to figure out what really happened to Mei...?

Who was with her on the day she vanished.

"I really don't believe rumors either but hey...some of our classmates believe the rumors were true because someone caught Mei with Koutarou-Sensei..."

Then he remembered what Shouta told him. Then with Erika....

"Maybe he was angry about the rumors and that it could tarnished his reputation here as a doctor. When word got out.  He probably tried to play it cool. But even the other teachers were wondering about the relationship between him and Mei."

Kuro: Okay... Koutarou-Sensei...

The doctor turns to him with an questioning look.

Koutarou: Yes?

Kuro:....Is it true that Mei sees you often in the infirmary?

This question gets Erika and Yamada's attention as they also look at the infirmary doctor.

Koutarou: Umm...Yes...Why?

Kuro:...Where were you on the day she vanished?

Koutarou:...In here. Preparing medicine...

Kuro: What time did Mei see you before she vansihed.

Koutarou: Around...5:15 p.m.

Erika:....

Kuro: Afterschool....

Dr. Koutarou raised an eyebrow.

Koutarou: Why are you asking me all these questions?

Kuro: Because...if maybe possible you were the last one to see Mei alive. A little birdie told me that she comes see you afterschool.

Koutarou: Yes...She does...

Erika: That's right. Koutarou-Sensei. I think it's better you tell us the truth.

Koutarou: What truth?!

Yamada:....Did you and Mei had an affair with each other?!

Dr. Koutarou exploded in rage at the accusation.

Koutarou: WHAT?! NO! I would never do that to a young girl, especially with Mei!

Yamada: Then why does she see you afterschool!

Erika: The rumors at school were centered around you and Mei! You touch her inappropriately didn't you?!

Yamada: How dare you touch Mei you perverted sensei?!!

Erika: I bet you that on the day Mei vanished. She probably wanted to end the affair because everyone was bullying her! You probably didn't want it to end and you got violent with her. So you decided to prevent her from leaving...by silencing her once and for all.

Kuro: How could you do that to Mei...?

Doctor Koutarou had enough.

Koutarou: STOP! I didn't kill Mei! You kids got it all wrong! Like I said...I w-wouldn't do that to her...b-because...

Kuro raised an eyebrow this time. Because?

Kuro: Because what?

Koutarou slumped to his chair and puts his hands in his hair. Sweat rolled down his face and he looked tired yet broken...

He mumbled something that the three survivors didn't understand.

Erika: What?

He raised his voice a little...

Koutarou: Mei...is my brother's daughter...

Yamada: Eh...?

Erika: Hah?!

Kuro: Wait...

Kuro looks at Dr. Koutarou's ID card and it said his full name.

Koutarou Aishiteru.

Koutarou's grey eyes looked up at him...

Grey Eyes...Just like hers...

Kuro: Then that would mean...

Koutarou: It means that Mei is my niece...