Chapter 19

-Third's Pov-

As much as Kuro prefer to be alone, but in this situation. He might as well deal with Erika...

He's surprised, that out of all the people he couldn't stand in this school, she's still alive.

Kuro: (As much as I hate to admit it. She has been a great help keeping me alive.)

A couple of minutes ago after leaving the well where that Oni creature was at. Kuro almost walked into a death trap himself.

Erika pull him into hiding when she saw something terrifying.

There were...ghost children...

They were picking at the remains of a dead student...

Kuro: Oh God...

Erika: Shhh...Quiet. They'll hear you.

Luckily the children were done playing with the corpse. They giggled at it in fascination with curiosity in their gastly eyes before vanishing.

Kuro:....Guess I owe you one. Thanks...

Erika:....No problem...

Kuro:....

Erika:.....

Kuro: (This is so awkward...I'm guessing it's because I've never really interacted with Erika before...)

Erika: So...how many remains are left we need to find?

Kuro:...About three....

Erika nods as the hunt for survival continues on.

Both of them stayed quiet as walk down in the dark empty hallways. The chilling atmosphere was still there. Kuro more Erika still hasn't said a word.

Erika: (Okay...I gotta say something...This eerie atmosphereis killing me.)

Erika was going to open her mouth until Kuro stops and puts her close.

Erika: W-What are you-?!

Kuro: Shhh. Look. Over. There.

Erika looks over to where Kuro was pointing at. Up ahead, there was a girl...or what used to be a girl....

or what used to be a girl

Girl: Hehehehehe.

Erika: (WTH?!!)

Kuro: (Quiet. She may not see us but she probably will feel our movements.)

Girl:....Is someone there?

Kuro:....

Erika:....

Girl: Don't be shy. I'm here to help you. There's so many scary things in this school. So many...unpleasant things...if we can't see them. They won't hurt us~~~! Come on...Come here...I'll 'help' you never see the scary things again~~~! Hehehehee~~~!

Erika: (Jesus Christ...This girl is dangerous. We better leave.)

Kuro: (Yes. We should.)

They started backing away slowly towards a classroom. They hope they can get out of this situation unharmed and the girl wouldn't hear them.

Kuro: (Almost there just a little more...)

Creeeeeak

Kuro: (SHIT!)

Erika: (Oh no...)

Erika's foot made a creaking sound which alerted the eyeless girl.

The girl puts on a maniac grin and pulls out the bloody knife.

Girl: I knew it! LET ME FIX YOU!

The girl readies her knife and charges at Erika who dodges her attack and kicks her in the back. The girl let's out a scream as she hits the ground and Kuro pulls out his axe and tries to slash her. But the girl hears his movements and intervenes by putting the knife in front of her in defense. Both weapons clash at each other before pulling away.

Erika: (For someone whose almost dead, she sure is strong!)

Kuro: (Looks like we're in trouble!)

Girl: Hehehehe. Why are you fighting me? I only want to help...Let me help you.

Kuro:....No.

Girl:.....Why not?

Erika: Cause you're a fucking psycho! We're not going to die! Not even by you!

Girl: Hehehehe...You don't understand. The scary things here...

Kuro rolled his eyes. This girl was seriously irritating him.

Kuro: Grow up. You think we haven't seen the blood that was shed. The broken body parts. The dismemberments.  The monsters. Who gave you the right to try and kill others because you're afraid.

Girl:...I...I...No. LET ME HELP YOU! LET ME FIX YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHA-!

BAM!

The girl let's out a shock gasp before her body went limp. Kuro and Erika stared down at her before looking up at who their savior was.

Kuro: K-Koutarou-Sensei?