Chapter 21

-Erika's Pov-

Eh?

Wait...

What...?

Mei is Koutarou-Sensei's niece...

How?

But...

Oh God...

We bullied his niece....

If he finds out what we and Maki really did to Mei before she vanished...

He's going to be pissed off...

He'll kill me when he does find out...

Kuro: Mei...is your niece...?

Koutarou:....Yes.

Yamada: W-Why...didn't you say anything before when the rumors started...?

Kuro: I pretty sure if you would've say something Sensei. Everyone would've understand.

Yeah right Kuro...

In this school, we're all nothing but a bunch of hypocrites and liars. The slightest rumor aganist someone could ruined their lives....

Students being bullied and tormented. Teachers not being able to do anything about it....

But what can you say...high school sucks...for so many people...

Koutarou: I couldn't say anything to the other faculty members...No one would believe me. The male teachers started calling me a pedophile and the female teachers would avoid me. Day-by-day, it got worse...But on the day Mei vanished...it was the final straw for me...

Shit...

Me: S-So...were you aware of her being bullied?

He gave me a frown but nodded.

Koutarou: At first, I didn't know what was going on with her. She wouldn't tell me anything.

Kuro: Same here...

Yamada:....

Great...Now I fell more guilty. Why did I agree to all to put up with Maki's schemes. I could've just said no...

Maybe...I scared of getting bullied myself...

Think about it...Maki is the type of person who doesn't no for an answer. If anyone in the school dares disobey her. There would be hell to pay...

Mei suffered because of that...

Koutarou: But then when she started coming to see me everyday after school. I noticed that Mei was starting to become sick by an unknown illness. It made her body frail and weak. She would cough out blood from her mouth and she would complain that her eyes would hurt.

Oh God...That really was going on her with her.

Me and Maki, along with a few others, thought she was looking for attention.

Koutarou: But then I realized it was not just her illness that was getting worse. So was her physical health. She would come here bruise and beaten. Like she gotten into a fight with someone...Then it took me some time to think it over before I knew what was going on...

Koutarou-Sensei then looks at Yamada with another frown. This time it held disappointment.

Koutarou: If you were my niece's boyfriend before she disappeared. How come you never bothered to help her...?

Yamada:....

Me: Because...he cheated on her with Konami.

Yamada: I-I wasn't thinking straight okay! I mean...I did like Mei but Konami had a great body and all...I-I mean to say...

Koutarou: I don't want to hear another word. I should just kick you out of this infirmary and doomed you to whatever the school decides for you.

Yamada flinched...I personally didn't cared...The delinquent deserved it.

Kuro thought it would be best to ask another question.

Kuro: So...if you didn't hurt Mei...Do you know who could've done it...

Koutarou:....That I wish I knew...That day she walked in. I ask was she alright...She told me she was fine and I didn't need to worry...But I knew she wasn't alright. I also asked her would it be alright if I take her home. She shook her head no...After she left the infirmary....I never saw her again.

Great...guilt keeps piling up...

Kuro: You must've been devastated...

Koutarou-Sensei puts his hand on his face to hide the tears pouring down his face.

Koutarou: I was...when my brother and wife found out. They were angry. Upset. Hurt. He blamed me for her disappearance. He called me out for not looking after her... I don't blame him though...I probably would've done the same if it was my own child...

We all stayed silent taking all this in until he continued.

Koutarou: And then...when the curse happen and Kuro told me it was Mei. I was shock...So I ran back here to try and find someway to reverse it...

Kuro: There is a way...

Koutarou: How?

Kuro: We need to find Mei's body parts...There scattered across the school. We have three.

Koutarou: Wrong.

Yamada: Eh?

Me: Huh?

We were confused of what he meant until he walks over to his desk and pulled out two decomposed hands.

No way....

Koutarou: You have four now...