TWENTY-EIGHT

TWENTY-EIGHT 

Scott and I were sitting in class, and Stiles came rushing in. I was sitting next to an empty seat which Stiles sat in, and he looked at me than Scott. 

"Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles rushed out, and I raised an eyebrow, leaning forward. 

"I think we already know." I said, looking over at Isaac Lahey. He was obviously not a fugitive anymore. 

Ah, crap. 

✢ 

"All right, I only found one thing online called the Kanima that goes after murders," Stiles said as we walked out of that class the same morning, and down the halls. "It's a were-jaguar from South America." 

"Okay, but that thing is not a jaguar," Scott said, and Stiles hand intertwined with mine, I walk closely beside him. 

"Yeah, I and Stacey aren't exactly a murder." Stiles pointed out. 

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it wanted to try and kill you." Scott said. I didn't see it kill anyone. I mean, I was there, I didn't see it. "And it still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until your dead." 

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship," Stiles said, I chuckled and I kissed the side of the cheek, as we followed Scott. 

I sit behind Stiles in Coach's class, with Scott dangled and Jackson sat down beside me. "Hey, testicle left and right, and whatever the hell you are," Jackson whispered. I glared at Jackson. "What the hell is a Kanima?" 

Our eyes widen, how the hell did Jackson know that? 

"All right. Listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review." Coach started, slamming a book onto his desk. "Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even sure if I will pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question." 

I raise my hand. "Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." Coach called on someone. I know this answer. 

"Paralyzed, from the neck down," Jackson spoke to Scott, I looked over and saw Lydia starring over at us. I gave her a smile, she sighed and looked back down at her books. "Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"Me and Stacey are familiar with the sensation." Stiles nodded. 

"Wait... why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked. What if it is him, though? It's definitely not Lydia, or I. 

"How should I know?" 

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked. 

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry," my eyes widen when I saw Coach approaching us. 

"Jackson!" Coach snapped. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" 

"Um..." Don't blow it, Jackson. "Just an undying admiration for my... my coach." Smooth Jackson. Smooth

Coach smiled at him. "That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anyone else?" Coach left, and Scott pulled Stiles towards him, I lean in listening. 

"How do we know it's not her?" Scott asked. 

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look in Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil." Stiles told us. "All right, maybe 60%. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day," 

"Stiles, that's not a very good argument," Scott whispered. 

Stiles sighed. "I'm aware of that. But I swear it's not her. I can't be, all right? Lydia's fine." 

My eyes wander over to the spiral that was on the board, my eyes widen. My eyes widen even more when I noticed everyone was staring at me, I looked around and looked at Lydia's. Was she seeing what I was seeing? 

Her head was faced straight at the front, her eyes wide too. Why is everyone staring at me? Is there something on my face? 

I then closed my eyes and opened them again, Lydia and I were the only ones in the room. Oh, hell no. It was me, Lydia, and the person up at the front writing on the board. The person turned around, and I gasped, it was Peter Hale. He then came towards me, shoving desks out of the way, and I squeeze my eyes shut, shaking. 

I let out a whimper and so does Lydia. 

She had run up to the wall and pressed her back against the wall. I let out a small scream and ran to that wall and pressing my back against it too. I gripped onto Lydia's hand. What was happening? 

I was sobbing, Lydia was whimpering, what's happening? Why is Peter Hale here? Why does he want to kill us? Isn't he dead? Peter then lifts up his face once he was close to us, and grumbles up the chalk in his hands. He then blows the dust in our faces and I squeezed my eyes shut. 

Make it stop. 

Make it stop! 

"No!" I whimper out, inhaling and exhaling. 

"Stacey..." Coach's voice suddenly called out and I snapped open my eyes. I was standing at the chalkboard, Lydia was sitting down, crying silently as well. I breathed in and out. Deep breaths Stacey. "Okay then, anybody else wants to try answering? This time in English?" 

I turn around and the students laugh, I stare at the board. 

I was writing that? 

Backward, it says, someone, help me