THIRTY-FOUR

THIRTY-FOUR

"What the hell is this?" I sat in the Sheriff's office with Stiles, Sheriff, and me. I chuckle at the veggie burger Stiles' got his dad. Meanwhile, I have my good old cheeseburger.

"It's a veggie burger." Stiles said, then puts down a box with was salad and carrots inside.

"Why does Stacey get a cheeseburger?" Sheriff groans and I take a bite into my cheeseburger. Then my fires. "Stiles, I asked for a hamburger."

"Well, veggie is healthier," Stiles said. "We're being healthy,"

"Oh, hell, Stiles why are you trying to ruin my life?" Sheriff groaned.

"I'm trying to extend it, okay?" Stiles sighed. "Could you just eat it, please? And tell me what you found."

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." I roll my eyes at Sheriff's words.

I look behind him, Stiles did too, there was his crime board. "Is that it on the board behind you?" I asked.

"Don't look at that." Sheriff told us. Too late. "Avert your eyes."

"Okay," Stiles murmured, looking at the board, there were arrows and pictures.

"Hey!"

"Just- it's just- I see arrows pointing at pictures," Stiles said, seeing what I'm seeing.

"Okay, okay, stop." Sheriff sighed. "Fine. I found something. Mechanic and the couple who were murmured. They all had something in common."

"All three?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know what I always say, one's an accident, two's coincidence,"

"Three's a partner." Stiles and I both say at the same time.

"There's a machine, the husband, the wife, all the same age. All 24." The sheriff told us.

"Wait, what about Mr. Lahey? I mean, Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near from 24." Stiles inputs.

"Which made me think that either A Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or B the ages were a coincidence until I found out this, which could be C," Sheriff hands over a file to Stiles. "Did you know that Isaac Lahey had an older brother named Camron?"

Stiles opened the file, my eyes widen. "Died in combat?"

"But if he were alive today, take a good guess as to how old he'd be." The sheriff told us and my mouth partnered. 24.

"24." Stiles and I said in sync.

"Now, what if same age means same class- I mean, did you think of that?" Stiles asked as he, me, and the Sheriff stands in front of his crime board. I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, yeah." Sheriff nodded. "Well, I would've, I mean look, I just got Lahey's file two hours ago."

"Two hours? Dad, people could be dying." Stiles pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that, thank you." The Sheriff exclaimed.

"Same class."

Soon, all the books were out, and we were looking for the class. "Okay, this is it. Class of 2006." Stiles said, holding a file. "They all went to Beacon Hills."

"Including Issac's brother." I read from the file.

"All right, but o what if they all knew each other, you know?" Stiles suggested. I mean, two of them were married, so maybe they all just hung out."