THIRTY-EIGHT

THIRTY-EIGHT

"So this kid's a real killer?" Mr. Stilinski asked as me, Scott, and Stiles sat in Stiles room. Well, stand. We're going to get Stilinski's job back.

"Yeah."

"No." Mr. Stilinski shakes his head, looking down at the book of 2006.

"Yes!"

"No."

"Dad, come on." Stiles got up and out of his chair. "Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcription and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave remoter kara wasn't in Harris' class." Mr. Stilinski said.

"All right. All right. Sorry. hen I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked.

"No, you know what? They're not going to drop the chargers but that doesn't prove anything." Mr. Stilinski told us. "Scott and Stacey, do you believe this?"

"That's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." I plead Mr. Stilinski and Scott nodded.

"We know it's Matt." Scott added.

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay?" Stiles told his father. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

"All right, fine." Mr. Stilinski sighed. "I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asked. Mr. Stilinski shakes his head. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won something in six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Mr. Stilinski asked.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott piped in.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." I sighed.

"Just me they'll let you in." Stiles nodded.

"Trust you?" Mr. Stilinski asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Trust- Stace?"

"Stacey I trust." Mr. Stilinski nodded, and I grin. Yes!

Scott, me, Stiles, and Mr. Stilinski walk into the front desk at the station. "It's 2:00 in the morning." The lady in uniform spoke to Stilinski.

"Believe me. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Mr. Stilinski told his ex-worker.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles murmured to us and intertwined his hands with mine.

"Why?" Scott whispers back.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, okay? Except for one, you remember?" Stiles asked. I nodded.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica," I responded and Stiles nodded.

"Yeah." Stiles mumbled. "Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him."

"Thank you." Mr. Stilinski told his ex-worker, who had let them have permission to go into Mr. Stilinski's ex-office. "Boys, Stace."

Mr. Stilinski leads the way, Stiles pulls me in closer to him and Scott followed us behind.