Chapter 4

A/N: We have a lot of ground to cover so eventually there will be some mini time jumps, but not until their relationship gets established in future chapters.

Lots of fun and fluffy stuff mixed in with the unavoidable angsty moments, but those are in the future still. We are only just now about to start touching on the mushy stuff.

So thank you for everyone reading.

~/~/~/~

Was this move impulsive? Yes. For both of them. Adrianne didn't know what had possessed her to offer, but she was glad the raven-haired accepted. And once Lauren walked in the door with a box in her hand and saw her new home, she was glad she did too. It was an apartment, decent size, but compared to the dorm she had been stuck in for the last three years, this was heaven. It had old, dark grained, stretched up wood floors that span the entire apartment. There was a bathroom to the left of the door and a small foyer that opened up into the living area with the kitchen on the right.

"Your bedroom is to the left off the living room. Mine is to the right off the kitchen." Adrianne explained, her voice motivating Lauren to walk a little further into the apartment to allow the brunette to enter as well. The living room looked cozy with a long tan couch, an end table at each arm and a long coffee table in front of it. The TV was against the wall her bedroom shared with the living room and a desk and computer were on the far wall. "I never use that computer and since you have the smaller bedroom, feel free to make it your editing station."

Lauren had stopped again as Adrianne disappeared into Lauren's bedroom and came out empty handed.

"Are you okay?"

The raven-haired nodded. "I just realized how small that dorm room was."

"Are you going through shock?"

"I think so."

"Do you need to sit down?" Adrianne took the box from her friend as she nodded her head and then slowly ventured around the living room to the sofa. The brunette smiled as she took her seat and then left to put that box with the other. When Adrianne returned, Lauren was laying on the couch. "So? How do you like it?"

"It's comfy. It's long. I can actually stretch out on it... I only have one question before I say I love it." Lauren stated as she folded her hands behind her head and crossed her ankles.

Adrianne crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame, smiling at how cute the raven-haired looked like that. "And what's that?"

"You haven't had sex on it, have you?"

"Not yet."

"Okay. Good. Then I love it." Lauren sat up suddenly. "Oh my God. I've known you this long and I've never asked. Are you dating anyone? Is she going to be okay with this?"

"She should be seeing as she doesn't exist." The brunette teased, waving her hand and calling for them to finish unloading Lauren's car.

"Okay. So no girlfriend... Are you looking for one?"

"Are you offering?"

Lauren laughed lightly as they exited the apartment and descended the outdoors stairs to the parking lot. "I was offering to help you find one. If you were looking. What's your type?"

You. Which is why this move was probably the worst idea I have had in a very long time. "Um... Someone mature, intelligent, genuine, has to have a sense of humor. If she doesn't then our relationship will never work out. I'm too damn sarcastic for anyone uptight. Someone who can hold a conversation. Someone who's patient, caring."

"Nothing about how she looks?" Lauren asked as she opened the back door of her car and handed a box to the brunette.

"No. Let's put it this way. My last girlfriend was short, blonde with brown eyes, and self-described as 'chubby'. The one I dated before her was about six feet tall, super skinny, and brunette. The one before that was a stunningly gorgeous woman who was half white, half black. The one-"