Chapter 22

A/N: Alright. I'm not going to lead into this chapter other than to say it's a bit of a filler about how Lauren might have strong feelings for Camila, but she gives Adrianne plenty of reasons to stick around and ride it all out. There is still something between them besides just fear of loss.

Thank you to everyone who read and thank you for everyone who Comment en liked it.

A few more chapters and it will be wrapped up. More heartbreak on the way. And... Camren.

The next chapter is a bit of good with a bit of bad, working towards Adrianne reaching her breaking point. The original Author also wants to cover what was going on with her (to some extent) during their four months apart. So that will be in there as well.

I hope you enjoy.

~/~/~/~

"Ma, stop looking at me like that," Adrianne ordered in a dropped voice as she frantically peeled the potatoes in the kitchen of her parents' house. Marie was standing on the other side of the counter stone-faced. Potato in one hand, peeler grasped firmly in the other.

"What are you thinking?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"Tough. Because I'm your mother and I say we are going to talk about this."

Adrianne dropped her occupied hands down to the counter top and looked at her mother sternly. "I am twenty-seven years old."

"And yet I am still your mother. Deal with it." The younger brunette's shoulders deflated and she let out a sigh as she found the bar stool and sat down. "Why are you so okay with going to New York? I know you are intelligent enough to know what is going on. I love Lauren like she's my own but you and I both know it's not going to work between you two."

She ignored the last part of the comment, making herself ignorant of the obvious truth of the statement. She had given everything and wasn't just going to walk away. And Lauren was still with her. When given the opportunity to venture out to either LA or New York, she actually sat down to talk with Adrianne about it. The brunette wanted to say LA with all of her soul, to put as much distance between her love and Lauren's fascination but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Lauren's career would flourish more in New York. That's where she needed to be. "They are repressed feelings. Once she realizes that's all they are and nothing could ever happen, then it will all be in the past."

"And if they aren't just some fairytale? Then what? Then you have uprooted your life once again to follow a woman to another state while she pursues a bast fling."

"Oh my God, mother," Adrianne growled in frustration as she dropped her elbows to the counter and pressed her knuckles to her temple. "It's not a past fling. It was a crush, a schoolgirl crush. Those feelings have only grown because Lauren has held them inside and never told Camila how much she regrets her past and admires her strength. And the woman isn't even gay." The younger brunette added for good measure. "Lauren may not even try to meet with her."

"Oh, she'll meet her." The short woman answered back quickly before returning her attention to the potato in her hand. "She will most definitely meet her."

Adrianne looked defeated. She wasn't wanting to play this game with her mother. It was hard enough dealing with her own emotions on the slow but steady realization that Lauren had not always been completely forthcoming with information regarding the high school acquaintance she felt moved enough by to brand her body and that those feelings weren't just simply going away. The raven-haired had genuinely tried to make up for leaving Adrianne ignorant to a lot of things, and while Adrianne loved knowing Lauren was giving her all of her attention, she still had wondered if it would last.