Chapter 20

A/N: I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Hope you all enjoy the first update of 2019.

~/~/~/~

"Ten weeks. Twelve states. Two dozen camping experiences, some of those being miserably failed attempts. A fortune spent on hotels and gas. And 15,000 pictures later... we are home." Adrianne chimed as she pushed the apartment door open and took a step inside, setting her bags down at her feet and looking around with her hands on her hips. "We've been away so long that it doesn't feel like home anymore."

Lauren stood behind her and leaned a little so she could see over her shoulder. "You're right. It does seem a little... strange to be here."

The brunette bounced her hands and sighed. "Yeah. Well, maybe it will look more like home once I go get the mail from Angela. We should have a box worth by now."

"You do that. I'm going to get something to eat once I am allowed inside far enough to set them down." Adrianne looked over her shoulder to see her girlfriend barely inside the doorway and quickly shuffled out of the way. "Thank you. Did you want anything in particular?"

"Nah. You know what I want wherever you go." The woman stated, kissing her cheek before heading back out of the apartment and over to Angela's.

Lauren watched her go and let out a long sigh. She had been stressing herself out over her wandering mind. She loved Adrianne, cared for her like she never had with anyone else. The woman was perfect for her. So why was she thinking of what it would be like to be with another woman. Camila Cabello of all people. Lauren knew that answer too but just didn't want to admit it. She cared for Camila as a person, wished she could have changed things so they could have been friends. But she had never really thought of being intimate with the actress. Not that she had ever really allowed herself to think about being intimate with any woman before Adrianne got a hold of her. Lauren shook her head and closed the apartment door to deposit the bags in the bedroom before heading out to get their food.

She couldn't think like this. She couldn't do this to Adrianne. Yet it had plagued her most of the trip. There had been days when she never thought of Camila because she had been so enveloped in Adrianne, loving her smiles and warm laughter. Her playful, sensual side. She opened Lauren up and made her feel free. That's what she needed. That was what she wanted. But then there were days Camila was always there.

When Lauren returned from getting the food, Adrianne was already back and sorting the mail. There really was an entire box worth. "Please tell me most of that is junk and can just be thrown out." She teased as she set the bag of food and the drinks down on the coffee table in front of the brunette whose eyes were busy reading.

"Some of it is. But most of it is not."

"No?" The raven-haired asked absently as she shuffled through the bag and divided the food appropriately. "Anything of interest at least?"

"Lots actually. For starters," Not breaking her eyes from the piece of mail she was reading, Adrianne reached over and grabbed a magazine and handed it to Lauren. The raven-haired set the food down and wiped her hands before taking the book.

"What's this?"

"A magazine."

"No, really?"

"Don't make me bite you."

She arched an eyebrow and smirked as she reclined back to read. "And what if I want you to?"

"Hmm... maybe later."

Lauren relented. "So, when did you start subscribing to magazines? I thought you always said subscriptions were a waste and if you wanted to read one, you'd just buy one at the stand in school."