Chapter 25

A/N: The last chapter. Now those of you who haven't already can reread BWYDT or start next week with the Sequel called 'Where love leads us'.

Again, I want to thank everyone who has read and especially those who have liked and comment on this fic. It has been great motivation to see those numbers and read your comments. So thank you again and I hope you enjoy the last chapter.

~/~/~/~

Three Weeks Before The Shoot:

~/~/~/~

"I need," Lauren paused as she searched around her office quickly for something she suddenly couldn't remember. "Someone.. who is organized."

"Here."

Lauren paused and looked at the candidate for the once again available assistant position. She was holding a covered lense. The raven-haired quickly looked at her own hands and saw she was still holding the body of her camera and then realized that she was, in fact, looking for that lense. That was a plus in her book. "Thank you." She said as she took it. "How did you hear about the job and why are you interested in it?"

The nervous girl shifted on her feet and let out a string of ums and uhs, hesitating to follow as Lauren walked out of the office and on to do her business. Lauren couldn't help but be impressed that the fidgety brunette actually did follow her after the slight pause. The last candidate had stood there for half an hour before leaving, thinking Lauren had just left him there. "Your last assistant, or perhaps your last... Um, she works at, sort of, the same office."

"Sort of the same office?" The raven-haired asked with her back to her, continuing to go about her day's tasks as usual.

"I'm just a temp there."

"And you realize that despite the fact that your sort of co-worker barely lasted two weeks, that this is not a temporary position? I'm actually looking for someone to stick around."

"Yes, Ma'am."

The raven-haired froze and straightened her posture before slowly turning to meet the now cowering young woman's eyes. But those eyes quickly dropped under Lauren's critical gaze. "It's Lauren. No, Ma'am. I'm not old."

"Yes, Ma'am. I mean... yes." Lauren studied her for a bit longer before heading off again. The shy woman rolled her eyes at herself and then followed once more. "I like to multitask. To, you know, have my hands on everything. She was complaining about all the different things you had her doing..." She trailed off as the photographer slowed down, unsure if she had been offended or not. "But I thought the variety was actually something I would enjoy."

The raven-haired turned to face her and placed a hand on her hip, pursing her lips. "So, what would you say if I told you I needed a Caramel Brulee Latte, a print out of all my messages, a reorganized version of my schedule, a filtered list of offers, the lighting stands set up before the nearing photo shoot, and a price list of the latest cameras on the market?"

"I would... ask what time the photo shoot was." Lauren arched an eyebrow, looking for an explanation. And after a quick adjustment of the girl's thick-rimmed glasses, she continued. "I would want to know if I had time to get your coffee before needing to set up the lighting that way you had it before the shoot began, leaving me time to revise your schedule, filter you offers and calls, then compose a price list all for you to look over as soon as your shoot was finished while I took care of cleaning up the lights afterward."

Lauren shifted her jaw slightly and watched as the confidence faded slightly from the petite brunette before she cleared her throat and shifted her glasses again while straightening her posture slightly. "What's your name and when can you start?"