Chapter 6: Sailing for Adventure

The three children went to the edge of the boat to feel the wind in their hair. "Wait. let's head to the little basket thingy on the very top of the ship." Kevin said. "It's called a crow's nest, Kevin." Merabelle said. "Yeah, that. Anyway. Let's go."

"Aye, Ms.Dragunov?" Havarti said. "Want to go to the crow's nest with me?" "Sure, Mr.Gold. Can my friends come too?" "O' course they can." Havarti said. The three children followed Havarti up the net to get to the crow's nest. It was high up. A little too high for Ethan. "I think I should head back down." Ethan said looking a little green in the face. "Don't be such a wuss, Ethan." Kevin said. "Merabelle nudged them both. "Both of you stop. We are starting the adventure of our lives and I will not have you two argue or fight." Mr.Gold stayed silent and was looking out into the ocean as the ship moved. "Do you want some castor oil, lad?" Mr.Gold asked. "Will it help?" Ethan asked. "Sure." Mr.Gold said. Mr.Gold started to go back down the net.

Kevin and Merabelle were alone in the crow's nest. "It's really nice up here." Kevin said awkwardly. "Yep." Merabelle said in the same tone. Squirt decided to jump off of Merabelle's shoulders and hung on the top. "Now we're completely alone." Merabelle said. Kevin would move every couple of seconds to scoot closer to her. "What 'ya doin'?" Merabelle asked. "Uh, nothing." Kevin said scooting away. "No, it's fine. I wasn't saying uncomfortably, but I was just gonna ask why you were doing it." Merabelle said. "Oh, uh. No reason. " Kevin said. "You shouldn't have stopped." Merabelle said, now scooting closer to Kevin. They "Accidently" touched hands. They looked at eachother and turned pink. Neither of them moved their hands. They decided to stay up and watch the sunset.