Chapter 18: Redcoat Return

The were halfway back from the island to London. "Ms.Dragunov, this voyage is halfway through and we've got some followers." Ms.Jones said looking through a telescope. "Oh, great. Why now?" Merabelle asked. "What do we do, captain?" Mrs.Degrey asked. "Well, grab some cannonballs and load the cannons." Merabelle said. "Don't you think we should wait until they make the first move." Kevin asked. "You're right." Merabelle putting her index finger and thumb on her chin in a thinking position.

Then something out of the ordinary happened. The boat moved pretty close and then men started using ropes to jump from their ship to the Mother Nature. They all made it. "Stop, in the name of the King!" a redcoat wearing a white wig said. "What? We didn't even do anything, but kick your butts for aiming cannons at us!" Merabelle said. "Who captains this ship?" the redcoat asked. "I do." Merabelle said. "Ha! You can't captain a ship. You're a child."

"Excuse me?"Merabelle said upset. "My father is Igor Dragunov, one of the best ship captains there ever was. What makes me, his daughter any different?" Merabelle asked. "You are nothing like your pathetic father." the redcoat said. Merabelle charged at the man and and yelled. "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIM! DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY FATHER, YOU GIT!" Kevin held her back. Then a middle age man roped his way to the Mother Nature. "Benjamin. You don't take charged against these people. I do." the man said shooting the redcoat, Benjamin a hard glare. "Yes, sir." he said.

"Jack?" Mrs.Degrey said. "Margaret?" the man asked. "Father!" Denise said running towards her father. "Denise!" the man said. "Your Mr.Degrey?" Merabelle asked. The man known as Jack nodded. "You must be Merabelle. Margaret told me about you in the letter she sent." "She did?" Merabelle asked. "Why did your men tell us to stop in the name of the King?" Merabelle asked. "Well, this ship you are sailing doesn't have a license, so you are technically sailing illegally...well...as pirates." Mr.Degrey said. "What?" Ms.Jones "We came to warn you. Unlike what these guys did one and half months ago when I was taking a nap. I apologize for scaring you that day. It really wasn't my fault for that, but you also did do damage to our boat."

Everyone looked at Merabelle. "Sorry about that sir. We reacted to that a little too seriously, but then they shot first, so we reacted almost immediately." Merabelle said. "Don't worry about that." Mr.Degrey said. "But, we need to get a license for this boat before the King gets involved." Mr.Degrey said grabbing a rope. "Wait!" Mrs.Degrey said running to her husband. "I forgot something." then she kissed his for a couple seconds. "Daddy, take me with you." Denise said. "You want to come? You know I'll be right behind you." Mr.Degrey told her. "I know, but we have a lot to make up and catch up on." Denise said. "Alright, come here."

Denise went to her father, embraced him and her and Mr.Degrey went to the other boat. A note fell on Merabelle's head. "What is this?" she asked herself. She opened the note, and it revealed her father's handwriting. It said "I'm here with ya, lass. Great work for your first adventure." She looked up to see Squirt on the net next to the crow's nest. She realized her father has been there the whole time, but in another form. "Thank you, father." she said. Squirt did a wink at her, then jumped on her shoulders. "You actually relate to my father a lot. You should be named Igor." she said. Squirt chattered happily. "Igor, I should call you, then."