•TWO-BIT•

two-bit was taking me on a date at the nightly double. he made a real effort too, it was weird since this wasn't our first date. he also seemed really insecure and would apologize for the slightest things.

in the car on the way to the movies when we would joke around he wouldn't laugh the same, he seemed really scared about something. i told him a joke about the socs and he didn't give his hearty laugh like he usually does, instead just a fake laugh.

i put my hand on his arm and asked him,"two? are you okay, you are acting really weird right now."

he nodded,"yeah. i'm fine. i'm good." but i didn't believe him even a little bit.

when we got to the movies and took our seats he draped his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. i turned his face and pulled him closer to me and whispered,"what are we third graders?" then i kissed his lips devotedly and he wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me even closer to him.

"whoo! two-bit!" some greaser yelled making us pull apart from our little kissing session. two-bit groaned and rolled his eyes. i laughed a little bit and laid my head on two-bits chest.

"what do you want tim?" he asked releasing  the grip on my waist. i could tell he was embarrassed by the blush that grew along his cheeks.

"just wanted to meet your hot piece of ass man," tim said walking over to us and standing behind us.

"tim shepard, nice to meet you," he said sticking his hand out. i shook it and i introduced myself.

"can you leave now tim," two-bit said impatiently. tim threw his hands up in surrender and left us alone after that.

two sighed angrily and apologized. i laughed and curled up next to him pulling his arm around me. i grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles over and over again then i absentmindedly played with his fingers while i watched the movie.

a kissing scene came on and i was engrossed. they were dancing and kissing in the rain, it was romantic. nothing like anything me and two ever did, but i didn't mind. two-bit was romantic in his own way.

i felt his eyes on me and a turned my head and smiled at him. he gave me a sad smile back and i looked away and frowned. what was making him so upset?

after the movie we walked back to the car i had his jacket on and he had his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him.

i was very happy with my boyfriend but i knew he wasn't always happy with himself, he often got insecure and felt that i couldn't love a greaser like him. so i had to show him just how much i loved him.

when we got in the car he sat there for awhile staring at the steering wheel. i placed a hand on his back gently,"two. tell me what's wrong."

he turned to me and looked deep into my eyes. i could see the hurt in his and i wanted to attack him with hugs and kisses and tell him just how much i loved him.

"i'm not like the guy in that movie. i'm not that romantic, babe. and you want romance like that i know you do," he said quietly,"and i cant do that. no matter how hard i try something always messes it up. like tim or one of the boys. it's like a can't take my girl on a date without one of them being there."

i frowned and pulled him into a hug over the console. "two-bit i don't want romance like that, romance like that is made for people who are in love for the moment. i love our romance, because i know, given how mature it is, we will last. and i love when your friends come and mess with us, they make our dates an even bigger adventure than they already are," i pulled away from the hug and kissed him,"it's okay two-bit. i love you."

he smiled and kissed me back. when he pulled away i slicked back the piece of hair that was falling out of the greasy formation.

he laughed a little bit and breathed,"i love you too."

he pulled me over the console and laid me on top of him. then he laid the seat back and held me close to him. he grabbed his jacket that had slipped off my shoulders when he pulled me to him and covered me back up with it.

i smiled and laid my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. my head was being lifted with every breath he took.

we stayed there cuddling until we got kicked out of the parking lot. we went back to his house and cuddled on the couch, and i would be lying if i said we didn't make out a little bit.