•JOHNNY•

i chased after the gang after i got off the bus. they were all a lot faster than me, and they liked to tease me by picking up the pace when i would get closer to them.

if i got the chance i would jump on one of their backs so that i would be with them and i wouldn't have to run to keep up. "guys," i whined while running next to steve,"come on, you guys all have longer legs than me!"

"that's what happens when your a thirteen your old girl," dally teased.

"hey mister, your only fourteen,"i retorted,"and johnny's thirteen too!"

"and a half," johnny added.

"he's also a guy who has longer legs, as you put it," steve snarked.

i glared at them all,"c'mon, cant someone just carry me on their back?"

twobit threw his backpack to darry and squatted down so that i could jump on his back. "finally!" i exclaimed, out of breath from all this running.

once i was on two's back i started singing and they all joined in, by the end of it all we were laughing. johnny kept looking over at me and twobit and glaring. whenever twobit would make me laugh the glaring intensified.

"hey, darry what time does pony get home?" soda asked. their parents had recently passed away, and darry who had just graduated took their roles.

"uh, should be soon why?" he said.

"just wondering." sodapop said.

"hey greasers," a older soc growled from his mustang,"why don't you wash your hair."

"why don't you wash your car," i yelled back then i spat on his car. he yelled a bunch of cuss words at us, but he wouldn't get out and do anything to us because there was more of us than him. we were also kids, and thought bought us the defenseless card, even though we were not at all defenseless.

"you gotta be careful with what you do, kid. we might not always be by your side to defend you if the socs ever decide to fight back," twobit scolded.

"ahh what are you kidding two, we'll always be around," johnny said grumpily.

dally lit a cigarette next to me and i grabbed my water bottle from my backpack and dumped it on him. the whole gang stoped in their tracks, i slipped off of twobit's back. i knew i would have to start running from dally soon.

"i know you did not just do that," he said, he had his eyes closed.

"get her dal!" soda cheered, he was still laughing at the fact i had dumped water all over him.

"oh your in for it," he nodded opening his eyes and taking off at a sprint. i was outrunning him for awhile, but he finally caught up to me.

he wrapped his arms around me and then threw me over his shoulder and backed me up to johnny so that he could tickle my sides.

"i s-swear johnny, s-s-stop," i laughed.

"someone catch her she's falling!" dally joked, but i didn't know it was a joke. he acted like he was going to drop me and i screamed. they all started laughing at me. dally carried me all the way to the curtis house and johnny kept shooting glares at him too, i didn't get why until he pulled me away from the gang and out on the front porch.

"what's wrong johnny?" i asked staring at him, clueless. (ugh as if)

he shook his head,"it's stupid, but-" he got down on one knee and pulled a small candy package out of his jacket pocket.

i got really concerned, he didn't think he was actually going to propose to me did he? please god, i like johnny and i don't want to tell him no, but i'm only thirteen i cant get married?!

he popped open the package and pulled out a ring pop. he held it up like an actual engagement ring and asked me,"will you be my girl?"

my jaw dropped and i looked at him then the ring pop and i started laughing hysterically,"j-johnny oh my god, w-what?!"

his face dropped and he stood up, he thought i was laughing because he asked me out. when really i was laughing at the way he did it.

i put my hand on his shoulder and kept laughing. i felt the tears form in my eyes, these were the best kind of tears. and usually johnny was the one who caused them, johnny was usually the one who made me laugh.

by now the gang had heard me scream laughing and had come outside trying to figure out what was going on. johnny avoided telling them and i just kept laughing.

"did you ask her out yet johnny," dally asked,"with the ring pop like you wanted to?"

i looked at dally confused, this whole thing had me confused. one thing was clear however, i hadn't told johnny yes yet.

johnny nodded and looked back at me with pleading eyes. if i wanted to turn him down, not that i did, if i did it in front of the gang he would never live it down.

i put my hands on the back of his neck and pulled him down to me while i stood on my tip toes. his eyes were wide, we were face to face.

"yes," i whispered before kissing him. johnny was my first kiss and i was his. the whole gang started cheering, pony who was walking up to the house was even cheering.

we pulled away and he laughed. he grabbed my hand and held it up so that he could put the ring pop on it. i chuckled a little bit.

even now, six years later, on that same day he proposes with a cherry ring pop. however, i didn't know that the gang was helping him save up for... well let's just say a much more expensive ring pop.

johnnylipa BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME THIS IDEA AND I LOVE HER WITH ALL OF MY HEART 💕💞💓💝💕💞💓💝💕💗💝💕💗