•GANG•

the phone rang for the fifth time tonight. originally, my mom had told me to just ignore it and finish our card game, but now she was annoyed as well. so, i got up and pushed my chair in.

"i swear, if it's dallas prank calling me AGAIN his head is going over the fireplace!" i yelled and my mom just laughed at me.

i pulled the phone off the hook and abruptly asked,"what do you want!"

"hey, man-"

"i knew it! dallas winston i'm going to kick your-" i started but got cut off by a different voice.

"calm down kid." it was darry.

"whatever, why are you blowing my phone up?!" i asked.

"we're in jail, we need a bail."

"all seven of you?" i said while rubbing my tired eyes. it was really late at night, maybe twelve o'clock.

"...yes."

"i swear," was all i said before i hung up.

"the boys need a bail. i'm sorry, but i gotta go ma'," i kissed her cheek before driving to the police station.

i sat in the coffee scented lobby for two and a half hours before they decided that i could go see the boys. the sherif walked me back to them.

"so what exactly did they do sir?" i asked din my politest voice.

"well, the one in the mickey shirt was shop lifting a piece of jewelry, real expensive too. and then dallas winston, we all know him too well, he was mugging some elder man. another was hot wiring a car. the others did some stuff, all except two, but i can't remember what they did" he said kindly. "you related to any of them ma'am?"

"oh god no!" i laughed. "just a real close friend."

he nodded and unlocked a cell door. seven pairs of eyes met mine, all showing different emotions.

i took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying not to scream at them all. the cop left me alone with them, and the second he left i lost it.

"DALLAS TUCKER WINSTON! I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE AT LEAST SOME MANNERS, THAT POOR MAN. IM GOING TO BEAT THE EVER LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU ONCE WE GET OUT OF HERE!" i screamed and slapped him across the cheek as hard as i could. he flinched at my words, but not at my actions. luckily he didn't hit me back.

they were all standing in a line, it was convenient for me to scream at them.

"TWO-BIT! YOU IDIOT! SHOP LIFTING JEWELRY?!" i screamed and he just laughed at me.

"that all you got?" he asked. i shot him a deadly glare and he raised his hands up in defense.

"DARREL! I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DID BUT IM ANGRY SO IM YELLING AT YOU TO!I WONT HIT YOU BUT BELIEVE ME I WILL ONCE I FIND OUT WHAT YOU DID!"

he nodded and moved away. pony and johnny were next. pony was too young to do anything bad enough to get him thrown in jail. and johnny wouldn't do anything unless it was pressured.

"and you two," i said glaring back and forth from both of them. "i don't think you did anything, but if you did i'm very disappointed in you."

"hey why do they get off the hook?" steve asked annoyed.

"OH I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN TO YOU MR. CAR FREAK. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE IT WAS YOUR ASS WHO HOT-WIRED THAT CAR?!"

he silently nodded and threw his hands up in front of his face so that i didn't hit him. i groaned and moved onto soda.