7

michael's yelped into the small cafe at 6:30 and saw luke sitting at a table by himself.

he was always one to show up early.

"michael- you came." luke whispered when the older boy stood beside him.

"that's what she said. but seriously, i'm here for you, luke. you need me, so of course i came." he said quietly, and luke lightly smiled.

"that's what she said. sorry for freaking out on you earlier. i'm just really- i don't know. i'm just scared." luke said quietly.

"you don't have anything to be sorry for. i'm the sorry one, luke." michael told him, pressing a kiss to his head before walking away and sitting in a booth a couple down from luke's. he made sure to be facing him just incase luke needed help.

when 7:01 hit, and luke's date wasn't there, michael was pissed.

luke didn't deserve to wait even just a second over the said time.

"luke, it's 7:01 where is he?" michael whisper yelled, making luke smile.

"shut up. give him a break." luke laughed.

michael's anger only grew at it reached 8 o'clock.

luke knew he was being stood up but he just couldn't bring himself to get up and leave.

he looked so sad as he just stared at the table, the dim light making his eyes look dimmer too.

"luke-"

as soon as michael started speaking, luke stood up and stormed out of the cafe doors.

"luke!" michael shouted, running after the blond.

he stopped, and his heart broke when he saw luke standing on the corner of the street with his face in his hands as he cried.

michael slowly walked over, and wrapped his arms around luke, bringing the younger boy's head to his shoulder.

"michael, i don't wanna be alone tonight..." luke cried, and michael held him.

"you're not gonna be..." michael whispered. "...c'mon. let's walk
back to my apartment."

"can i hold your hand?" luke whispered, and michael looked down into his teary eyes.

"of course you can."