12

all of the boys sat at the small table in the bus and ate breakfast. luke has his hoodie pulled up, and he wasn't eating much.

ashton knew something was wrong, but he didn't push it.

he looked absolutely exhausted.

if luke and michael didn't try their absolute hardest to stay quiet around 3 in the morning, they would understand why luke was so tired.

"we all need to go out. go to a club or something." michael said, and luke looked over at him.

"literally why?" he asked, and michael shrugged.

"being on tour with nobody to date kinda sucks. i wanna meet people even if it's only just for the night. like, a new date every night." he said, and luke looked down at the table for a second.

ashton sighed when luke stood up, and just left, going back to his bunk. all the boys sat in silence for a second after that, nobody knowing what to say.

"i think i'm gonna go check on him." calum said quietly, and stood up, leaving ashton and michael alone.

"michael, why won't you just give luke a chance?" ashton asked, and michael looked up at him.

"what are you talking about?" michael asked.

"you're always wanting to be with somebody. luke has been here all along." ashton told him quietly, feeling so much sadness for luke.

"we're just friends with benefits-"

"that's a bunch of shit, michael."

michael sighed, and rolled his eyes.

"me and luke are really none of your business, okay? just leave it alone-"

"i'm making it my business because you're breaking his heart, michael." ashton spat quietly, glaring at michael.

"no i'm not-"

"he's hurting, michael, and i think you know that..." ashton said quietly. "...he's your best friend, and if you really care about him than why are you putting him through this?"

"through what?" michael asked.

"this whole 'friends with benefits' lie." ashton said, and michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"the whole thing was his idea! why are you acting like i'm only doing this for me? he's the one who wanted it."

ashton didn't know what to say. he always thought michael was the one who instigated the whole thing, and eventually broke luke's heart.

he didn't know luke came up with all of it.

"he did?" ashton asked quietly.

"yeah. now stop trying to lecture me."

ashton sighed when michael got up and left too.

"great start to the tour, guys. great times."