20

"you look beautiful now come on."

michael tugged on luke's hand, trying to get him out of the dressing room bathroom.

"no- michael, wait." luke said quietly, and looked in the mirror again.

"babe, we have like five minutes." michael said, and luke sighed.

"just go on. i'll be out in a second." luke said, and ran his hands over his face.

"no. tell me what's wrong." michael said, and lifted luke up, sitting him on the counter.

"this is our first show since we were made public, you know? i don't know why but i'm just nervous." luke whispered.

"i know. i'm nervous too, but everything's gonna be alright. we can go out there and act like nothing has changed because what we have is between us, okay? nobody else deserves to see the all of the secret stuff, so we don't have to go out there and be all over each other just to give the fans something to see. just do what you've always done, and i'll be right beside you if you need me." michael said softly, and luke smiled a little.

"you always make me feel better, you know?"

"you deserve it."

michael pressed his lips to luke's, and rubbed his back gently, helping him get back down. luke wrapped his legs around michael's waist instead, making the older boy sigh as his hand gripped onto luke's bum.

"you're teasing me." michael mumbled, and luke smirked, getting down.

"it's what i do best."

-

michael looked over and watched as luke sung. he has the most beautiful voice in the world, and everything about him just looks perfect.

michael couldn't help but notice how much happier luke looked as he sang the heartbreaking lyrics he wrote last year.

he was glowing.

michael smiled as luke walked over to him, playing his guitar as they ended a song. luke would always walk around to the other guys on stage, but this time it was different. michael wanted to grab onto luke and never let him go even with thousands of people watching.

"hi baby." michael mouthed, making luke smile.

ashton started talking to the fans, so luke looked back at michael as the song ended.

"i didn't tell you earlier but i have a surprise for you back at the hotel." luke said softly, and michael smirked for a second.

"why are you telling me now?"

"just so you can wonder what it is." luke said, and smiled before walking back to center stage.

michael smiled and shook his head as he looked at luke who was only standing a few feet away.

it's was still too far away for his liking though.