23

"get up, love birds."

luke smiled, and snuggled into michael further, holding on tight.

"us birds don't want to." luke said, and ashton laughed, picking up his backpack.

the clock read 8 a.m. and luke didn't have any desire to get up.

"but we're getting back on the bus. michael loves the bus." ashton said, and michael smiled a bit as he woke up.

"but he loves luke more."

"well if he loves luke so much than he should get him out of bed, and put him on the bus so we can go home, and he can have vacation time with him."

"amazing. how long is the drive until we're at home?" michael asked.

"we can make it to l.a. in about five hours. are you guys gonna fly back to sydney?" calum asked, picking up his backpack.

"not right away. luke's family is on vacation and so i think we'll just stay in l.a. for a bit until they get home." michael said quietly.

"alright. well we're gonna be in the bus. everyones stuff is packed up, so just meet us down there in the next ten minutes or so." ashton said, and michael nodded, snuggling back into luke for another couple minutes.

"good morning, baby. you look beautiful." michael said softly, kissing luke's head.

"good morning, mikey."

"we should get going." michael whispered, and luke pouted.

"can you carry me?" luke asked softly.

"anything for the princess." michael sighed, and stood up. he turned around, and luke got on his back, laying his head down on the older boy's shoulder.

michael held luke's legs around his waist, and carried him out of the hotel room.

"i love you." luke mumbled sleepily.

"i love you too."

-

michael smiled a little as he sat on the bus couch, watching as luke slept on the other one.

"you're a creep." ashton laughed when he saw michael looking at luke.

"he's just so pretty." michael laughed, and stood up as they pulled into the studio parking lot that they were most familiar with.

michael knelt down beside the couch luke was sleeping on, and kissing his forehead, shaking him very very gently.

"hey, baby. we're home,"

luke opened his eyes, and smiled a bit when he saw michael.

"home?" luke laughed, looking out of the windows.

"well, not exactly home, but we're back in l.a." michael said, and luke smiled, reached up, and ran a hand through michael's hair.

"anywhere is home as long as you're there."

"okay, you cheesy bastard. let's get off this bus."

michael stood up, and picked luke up, carrying his six foot figure out of the tour bus.

luke giggled, and got down on the ground once they were outside.

he started walking to the car but stopped when he saw someone familiar.

"carly?"

luke watched as michael walked over to his ex-girlfriend that was waiting in the parking lot. it had been four months since michael had last seen her.

"hi. i know it's weird seeing me here-" she started, but michael cut her off.

"no, it's good to see you, but i don't understand." he said, and luke felt a little shy as he just stood an awkward distance away.

"i've wanted to call you so bad when you were gone, but i just couldn't tell you over the phone-"

"i'm with luke now. i-"

"i'm pregnant."