8

"hey. how you holding up?" michael said softly once luke walked out of the bathroom, finished with his shower.

it was around 11 pm but they never went to bed early anyways.

"fine." luke whispered, walking over to michael.

he sat down really close to him, one of his legs extending over michael's lap.

"michael.." luke whispered, and michael looked down at him, their faces close.

luke didn't waste any time with pressing his lips to michael's. he held onto the older boy's face, and kissed him hard. michael kissed him back, but he knew what he was doing was wrong.

"luke.." he whispered after a second, his lips still dangerously close.

"michael, come on.." luke whispered, his hand trailing up michael's shirt.

"luke. i can't." michael said quietly, but luke was determined.

"come on, mikey. this is what we do, remember? all those times your date went awful i was there to make it all better. it's my turn." luke whispered, pressing his lips to michael's neck.

the older boy shook his head, and held luke's shoulders, making him look at him.

"luke, i'm with somebody. even if i wasn't, you're vulnerable and i wouldn't take advantage of you-"

"but whenever your dates fail i'm always there-"

"yeah, and that's okay because i'm not hurting. luke, you were so torn up. your heart hurts and sex isn't gonna fix that." michael said, and wrapped his arm around luke's shoulders.

luke curled into michael's side, and felt tears filling his eyes again.

"i'm sorry, michael."

"you're okay." michael whispered, leaning his head against luke's.

"i just don't know what's wrong with me. if i go on a date i either get physically attacked or stood up." luke whispered.

"nothing is wrong with you." michael told him softly, but it didn't make luke feel much better.

he just stayed quiet and let michael
hold him.