17

michael looked down at luke, and smiled. his smushed face was pressed against michael's chest, with drool threatening to spill out, and his hair a tangled curly mess.

he still looked so beautiful to michael.

luke started stirring around, so michael closed his eyes again, and pretended to be asleep.

"good morning, baby," luke whispered, kissing michael's head before getting up and walking to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.

when he came back, michael felt luke lift up his head. he tried not to smile as luke sat down, laying michael's head on the inside of his thigh.

luke was michael's favorite pillow.

he heard the tv come on, playing luke's morning cartoons that he always made the guys watch with him on the tour bus.

his eyebrows furrowed when he felt something fall on his face.

he opened his eyes slowly, and saw luke innocently smiling at him.

"sorry. i dropped a chocolate chip on your face." he said, before picking it back up.

"oh my gosh you're adorable." michael whispered before closing his eyes again, cuddling into luke's leg.

"sorry for waking you." luke whispered.

"i've been awake this whole time. i just love laying with you." michael mumbled, making luke smile brightly.

"wanna bite?" luke asked, and michael looked up, seeing luke with a granola bar.

"of course i do."

michael let luke drop a piece of the granola bar in his mouth because it made the younger boy giggle when it almost missed.

michael sat up, and sat beside luke, pulling him into his side.

"i really like this whole boyfriend thing." michael whispered.

"i do too." luke said, smiling and looking over at michael.

"i'll love it even more when we have a little boyfriend fun..." michael mumbled, and pressed his lips to luke's jaw.

"actually..." luke started, and sat up, sitting on his knees beside michael. "...i wanna talk to you about something."

"okay.." michael said, and held onto luke's hand.

"i know it's weird for us, but i don't wanna have sex." he said, and looked at michael nervously.

"it's okay, we don't have to." michael said, and smiled a little.

"no i mean- i mean for a while. i wanna go slow with you, michael. we're more than friends with benefits now." luke said quietly, and michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't understand-"

"i'm sorry. it's just that everything between us has always been about sex. i want the dates, and the cuddling, and all the butterflies, and all of the disgustingly cute moments before we have sex again. i just wanna make it special again." luke said, and michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"okay, i hear you sweetheart, but this is what we do." michael said quietly, and smirked, pulling luke down onto him.

"yeah, and i love it, but i want to take it slow now." luke said, and michael smirked.

"okay, slow sex is fine. that's not like us, but-"

"michael, i'm being serious." luke whined and sat up on michael's lap.

"i'm sorry. i'm listening." michael sighed, and luke frowned.

"but you're disappointed." luke said quietly, and michael sat up too, letting luke stay in his lap.

"i'm not disappointed, luke. sure i'm gonna miss certain parts of you, but i just want to be with you. whatever it takes." michael said, making luke smile a little.

"thank you, mikey. i promise it's not gonna be forever." luke said, running a hand through michael's hair.

"good because i don't think i can last forever with you looking so hot, baby. take your time though. i'm ready when you're ready."